« Home | Pookie's Peanuts » | Sticky Notes » | Got Skillz? » | The Mundane Details of My Mundane Day » | Guilt by association? Let's hope not. » | The Mini Forests are Gone » | The Devil Does St. Louis » | A solution named sue » | ...Please don't let it rain on the 28th, please do... » | The Inefficiency Floorplan » 

Thursday, July 26, 2007 

Well THAT was awkward!

Around 3:00, I realized I had nothing to eat for lunch so I decided to go get a poboy from Peter's Poboys. A while back I had a kickass soft shell crab sandwich there, and for some reason I suddenly had to have one.

A young guy (early 20's) walked in the door directly ahead of me, and the Vietnamese employer came out of the back to take his order. When he was given his total, the guy said he'd left his money in his truck, and ran out to get it. The worker and I both stood there for a few minutes, waiting. The clerk clicked a pen, stared at the ceiling, and clicked the pen some more. I noticed that the soft shell crab poboy had been marked off the menu with a Sharpie, and I asked if they still had it. He shook his head and went back to clicking his pen and looking at the ceiling. I pretended to look at the menu.

The young guy still hadn't come back in. I looked out the window, but didn't see him. After a couple more minutes, I walked over to the door and looked out, and didn't see the guy anywhere. I went back to the counter and stood there another minute or so, then finally said, "I think he may have left." The worker said, "What?" I said, "I think that guy left. I didn't see him out there." The guy said, "Oh, he's gone. He left." I said, "I thought he was going to get his money?" "Well that's what he said, but then he drove off, so I guess he didn't have any money on him." I laughed and said, "Well I thought we were waiting for him!" He said, "No, I been waiting for YOU!" "Oh...sorry!"

He could've said something. I guess he thought I saw the guy drive off, and that I was just having a really, really, really, really, really hard time making up my mind what kind of poboy I wanted.

That oyster poboy didn't taste very good sprinkled with shame.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health