« Home | Well THAT was awkward! » | Pookie's Peanuts » | Sticky Notes » | Got Skillz? » | The Mundane Details of My Mundane Day » | Guilt by association? Let's hope not. » | The Mini Forests are Gone » | The Devil Does St. Louis » | A solution named sue » | ...Please don't let it rain on the 28th, please do... » 

Friday, July 27, 2007 

Plans

My folks are on the way down. My mother got off work at 3, but they didn't manage to leave their driveway until 5:45. Next time they say something about my sister and her crew not being able to leave on time, I'm gonna pull this outta my sleeve. Speaking of my sister and her crew, they're spending tonight at his sister's house in Jackson tonight and driving the rest of the way down here in the morning. At least that's the plan.

The house is clean. The catfish is thawing. The lawn is being mowed as we speak. If the weather holds off, a good time is almost guaranteed.

Monday is the last free week day I'll have. The school district will own my soul for the next 188. Of course I'm spending my last free day at the doctor's office. He'll probably at least do an MRI or something before recommending surgery, but I'm hoping that if he says I have to have that done, it can wait until December. The surgery is supposed to take about six days of recovery-- or at least that's what I think he said in passing last time I was there. The point is that I would have to miss a full week of work. Starting a new job and then taking a full week off is not my idea of a good start. Especially when there are 150 chirren who are only going to be wilder than ever if they have a sub for that long.

I'm going to pull weeds out of the flowerbeds while I think of something besides having my nose operated on.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health