« Home | Plans » | Well THAT was awkward! » | Pookie's Peanuts » | Sticky Notes » | Got Skillz? » | The Mundane Details of My Mundane Day » | Guilt by association? Let's hope not. » | The Mini Forests are Gone » | The Devil Does St. Louis » | A solution named sue » 

Sunday, July 29, 2007 

Must Have Down Time

My parents finally arrived around 10:30 Friday night, after taking an accidental detour somewhere near Jackson and ending up in some town I'd never heard of before. Saturday morning around 11:00, everyone else showed up, including my sister and her crew. We had a really good time. The weather was good. It was hotter than Hades, but at least it didn't rain. The catfish was good and everyone had fun.

I'm covered in poison ivy-- turns out those mini forests didn't go down without a fight. It took a couple of days for me to realize it was poison ivy, but even though it's been on me for almost a week it's just now really starting to be a big pain. My left arm is covered, and there's a quarter sized spot on the front of my neck. I look like a leper. Getting all hot and sweaty outside yesterday didn't do anything to make the oozing sores feel better.

My sister and her husband and their kids spent the night last night and they just left about an hour ago. It's impossible for them to take any kind of road trip without getting lost. One time on their way back toward Memphis from Pensacola, they ended up in Atlanta. Today on their way back toward Memphis from here, they almost went to Meridian. They could seriously benefit from a navigation system.

Pookie learned that he doesn't like people as much as he thought-- he eventually got to the point where he would start hissing if a kid came within 10 feet of him. He's never hissed at anything before in his life, so the kids really brought out his inner cat.

My sister taught him to play pool. He has a little plastic ball that belongs in one of his cat toys, and Sister put it on the pool table. Pookie would line it up with one of the pockets, then knock it in, then try to pull it out. When she sat it back on the table again, he'd push it to another pocket and knock it in. If I can get it on video, we might be able to create a good You Tube video.

Our house was impeccably clean before anyone arrived. Now? Not so much. I'll get it cleaned again once I have a long nap. Of all the stuff that happened, I really should be able to write a better blog post than this but I'm too itchy and tired. Screw it. I'm going back to bed.

I definitely feel your pain. All I have to do is LOOK at poison ivy and I get it. Once, before I knew how bad allergic I was, I helped my husband load firewood he'd cut for his mother. I got solid poison from my elbows to my hands - even between my fingers. It was awful, and you're right, when you get sweaty it makes it even worse. From then on, any time I did anything that I thought MIGHT have exposed me to it, I'd take a shower immediately. I mixed bleach with water, scratched myself til it was raw, then soaked cotton balls with it and covered my arms. It hurt like a BITCH, but it dried it up pretty fast. One of these days, I'll probably get some horrible disease and they will discover it is linked to bleach poisoning or something. Hey, maybe that's why my liver enzymes keep getting elevated. It sure isn't from drinking alcohol.

Take some Benadryl and go to bed.


Wow! nice your page.
That's excellent...........
For more information visit our website here...
Seasoned Firewood

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health