« Home | 3 in 1: Comments on Work, a Note About the Bridge... » | Bureaucratic Kudzu » | Cleanin out my closet » | Why the Insurance Company Hates My Guts » | Must Have Down Time » | Plans » | Well THAT was awkward! » | Pookie's Peanuts » | Sticky Notes » | Got Skillz? » 

Friday, August 03, 2007 

Update

It was yet another training day for me. This one was so boring I had to talk two people out of jumping out the window. You know it's bad when grown people start sending text messages, talking shamelessly, and playing tic-tac-toe in the middle of a workshop.

I'm pretty tired, and a little unsure about how much to blog about even though I did check the employee handbook and it doesn't say anything to suggest that general, non-identifying talk about my job could get me canned. In a perfect world, I'd want to tell you about the crazy names on my roll, but that's probably against the law.

When I found out that my gramma had been in a wreck, they were still examining her. Today I found out that she has a broken rib. It's one of the top ones, and she says it's making her shoulder hurt. I hope it heals up okay. I had cracked ribs one time, and it was excruciating. Just putting on my bra was a huge ordeal, and the pain lasted for weeks-- and I was only 23 years old. Poor Gramma's probably gonna be hurting for a while.

Aunt C wasn't injured, of course. The only thing that can kill her is a stake through the heart. Or a screw driver, if one happens to by lying around.

People like your Aunt C are like drunks in car wrecks - everybody else gets hurt, but they're still full of shits and giggles.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health