« Home | Today I Saw Elvis » | Don't let the f*ckers get ya down » | Missipissy. » | DPA goes to the vagina doctor. » | Good Morning » | Day Off » | need a drank » | No title necessary » | Dog poop, lesson plans. They smell the same to me. » | I've been meaning to tell you... » 

Thursday, September 06, 2007 

I was due.

Lots of meetings lately. Earlier this week I had to spend all day in one, but nobody minds those as much as they say they do, because at least you're getting a break from the kids. (You also usually get a long lunch break, which roooooockkkkkks. My normal lunch routine involves a styrofoam tray and sometimes a mystery meat.) Anyway, about the meetings...today I had a meeting an hour before I normally have to get to work, a meeting during my planning period, and a meeting AND a parent conference after school. Every minute that I wasn't standing in front of a class teaching, I was in a meeting or conference of some kind. Every minute. They believe in milking their manpower for all its worth.

Sheesh.

My lesson kicked butt today, by the way. You know, because I'm awesome. And because I have an inclusion teacher who kicks mucho asso, and her presence makes it much easier to teach good lessons. Also, the principal had a "come to Jesus" meeting with a couple of my troublemakers yesterday, and they were being good little Christian girls today. It's amazing what I can accomplish when the debble's reigned in!

Today was one of those days that makes it all seem worthwhile.

But did the principal give them any cake? You just can't have a "Come to Jesus" meeting without "Come to Jesus" cake!
Or at least, that's what I've heard.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health