« Home | Missipissy. » | DPA goes to the vagina doctor. » | Good Morning » | Day Off » | need a drank » | No title necessary » | Dog poop, lesson plans. They smell the same to me. » | I've been meaning to tell you... » | Unda presshah! » | Can I get a witness? » 

Friday, August 31, 2007 

Don't let the f*ckers get ya down

This week was long. One group of my kids acted like a bunch of monkeys on crack all week, and another group acted that way yesterday. Their first test was this week, as I mentioned in my last post, and maybe that had something to do with it. Or maybe it was just a full moon. Was it a full moon? Felt like it.

On Tuesday, the superintendent came into my room first thing in the morning, just to see. And what she saw was me scrambling to get my bell ringer written on the board and put some news articles on the desks thirty seconds before they were to arrive. On Wednesday, my boss came to my room during my planning period. I have lots of bosses, but the main boss came in. The principal, who I almost never see. He came to tell me that I was doing a good job, and that he had noticed "a marked improvement since the first week." At first I wondered what I had done so wrong the first week. Then I decided that by "marked improvement" he really meant "dramatic decrease in number of office referrals."

Yesterday sucked. My young 'uns decided to go apeshit and meet my every request with complaining and resistance and smart-mouthed remarks. It might sound pathetic to get worn down by a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds, but when they get organized in their hatred of you, it can get tough. If they could organize that well to get out of poverty or learn to read and write and think and take responsibility for their actions, they'd change the world in ten years. At one point I could've just sat and cried if I'd had the time.

During our planning period yesterday, a teacher in the room next to me stuck her head in my room and said, "Don't let the fuckers get ya down." True words of wisdom.

Today was much better. It was Friday, it's a long weekend, and it was payday. Ahhhh, payday! I started working July 23, by the way, and this is the first check I've received. Things seem much harder when you haven't seen any compensation for it. Today's paycheck was like Benadryl on a broken ankle. So soothing...as long as you belieeeeeeeeeeve!

Labels:

That teacher next door to you is wise. Oh so very wise. If I wasn't afraid I'd offend others in my office, I'd print that up nice and purty and put it on my cubicle wall.

There are fuckers there, too.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health