« Home | It's not even 6 a.m. yet and I'm cussing. Like a f... » | The weather changed today » | I bet there are a lot of alcoholic teachers » | I need overtime, dammit. » | Still Strong » | Pepto and Coffee » | Who let you in? » | Confessions of a Fat Ass » | Bitch, Moan, Repeat » | Apples and Oranges and Write-ups, oh my! » 

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 

Maybe they're reading

Today there was a faculty meeting in which the principal explained some new procedures that are designed to cut down on the amount of paperwork and/or bullshit.

He also said that a teacher went to the central office to complain about something he had done or not done, and that he was extremely pissed because the person didn't come to him first. He spoke about this for a few minutes, and then at the end he said, "Let me say once again: DO NOT GO TO THE CENTRAL OFFICE before you come to me!" When he said that, he looked me dead in the eye. I mean, he was lookin' at ME; there was no doubt.

My heart thumped real hard a few times and I wanted to shout, "It wasn't me!"

I haven't gone above anyone's head, and I know better. I do complain publicly via the blogosphere though, and I considered deleting this morning's post because of the fact that I bitched about how he handled something. I'm not gonna delete it.* This is my bitch zone, and I was pissed, and I bitched, and that is okay. No names were used, and if you're in-the-know enough to figure out where I work, just keep your mouth shut and stay out of my binness, umkay?

It's only fair for me to follow this morning's bitch-o-rama by pointing out the fact that the folks who run our school are clearly trying to do everything the best way it can be done. They listen to us, and they make adjustments when they see that we're being worked to death and/or being forced to smell too much b.s. This is the impression I got in the beginning, but with the chaos lately I began to doubt it. Several changes were announced today that reassured me.

In other news, I'm hungry, and the forces of the universe are conspiring to make me fail. Yesterday I went to my box at work and one of the academic coaches had put a little note in there that said, "You were mint to be here" and it had a big fat york patty on top of it. I cast the poison away as soon as I saw it. I gave it to the skinny English teacher whose diet consists solely of junk food and nothing else. Then today when I got home I discovered that TH had spent his day off cooking things I can't have, like chicken and rice. RICE, people. I'm in the process of avoiding carbs and this man cooks rice.

Keep your damn York patties and rice to yourself! I'm gonna make it, dammit! I'm gonna make it!

Labels:

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health