« Home | I bet there are a lot of alcoholic teachers » | I need overtime, dammit. » | Still Strong » | Pepto and Coffee » | Who let you in? » | Confessions of a Fat Ass » | Bitch, Moan, Repeat » | Apples and Oranges and Write-ups, oh my! » | Junior Haiku 2 » | Junior Haiku » 

Monday, September 24, 2007 

The weather changed today

Today sucked a little. My seventh graders were awful. They are the biggest space cadets I've ever met. I'll be telling them how to do something really important that they're going to need to do in thirty seconds and realize mid-sentence that one person out of 20 is listening. The other 19? Are doing everything from staring at the ceiling to chewing their fingernails while staring at a desk to picking their noses. They're not really acting up; they're just on another planet.

By the time I got out of there today, I had the biggest headache I've had in months. Ibuprofen didn't touch it.

To top it off, it started pouring down rain during 7th period. To get from the classroom to the buses, the kids have to walk a good distance across a yard. There are some covered walkways along the way, but when it's coming down in torrents there's no avoiding it. Try taking twenty 12 and 13 year olds from point A to point B through pouring rain without a couple of them escaping your sight. It can't be done, I tell you. They scatter like fish.

So far I'm still doing fine with my new diet. It's day 11-ish. I still haven't started craving anything bad, but it's getting kind of boring and I could use some variety. Tonight I ate baked chicken and butter beans. Yum. There's a juicy roast slow cooking right now. I'm sure TH will enjoy it when he gets home. I'm struggling to stay awake long enough to cut it off when it's finished, which will be a couple of hours before he arrives.

Since exams are next week, I decided to take my personal day this Friday. That way I can go up to my mom's early on Friday, come back late Saturday, and spend Sunday catching up on the work I need to have done before Monday. Of course it would be better to have my work done before I leave. That way I wouldn't have to think about it all weekend. Maybe I can get my lesson plans done during my planning periods this week. It would be the first time I've ever actually used that hour to plan anything other than a headache intervention.

Since I've got to be up for another hour anyway, I think I'm gonna go sit in the bath tub until I get wrinkles.

Excedrin Migraine pills. Trust me. Will cure any headache. Be sure not to take them on an empty tummy tho. Won't be pretty! Lots of caffeine in them. Wonderful.

Met their leader today! "I'm all growed up. I on't have to do what nobody tol me."
Since he's "All growed up..." can I boot him to the curb.
Holley

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health