« Home | I need overtime, dammit. » | Still Strong » | Pepto and Coffee » | Who let you in? » | Confessions of a Fat Ass » | Bitch, Moan, Repeat » | Apples and Oranges and Write-ups, oh my! » | Junior Haiku 2 » | Junior Haiku » | I'm tired from all the work I don't do » 

Sunday, September 23, 2007 

I bet there are a lot of alcoholic teachers

Today TH and I spent lots of time researching different laptops. Then we went to Best Buy and Circuit City to touch 'em and feel 'em. He's all about the HP Pavilion. My computer genius brother in law says HP uses flimsy, off-brand motherboards and internal parts, and to go with Dell, Sony, or Toshiba. So I'm leaning towards this Sony that's on sale at Best Buy. We can get it with a ton of HD and 2 gigs of RAM for $770. We have a week to decide.

This morning I graded the last tests my students took. That's always so very depressing. Out of my 40 eighth graders, four children passed the test. Four. Out of forty. Out of my 35 seventh graders, about half passed. They took the exact same test. I just have low level eighth graders. They're not dumb; they're just lazy, ill mannered, and hostile toward authority figures.

I don't mean to get on a pity pot or anything, but it stings a little when you teach and reteach and do everything you can think of to deliver the info in a way that you think will help it stick, and then they all fail anyway. I could use a mental health day. Nine weeks exams are in one week, and most of my kids have yet to pass a regular test.

Lesson plans await. I left my stinkin' lesson plan binder in my classroom. This could take a while...

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health