« Home | Pepto and Coffee » | Who let you in? » | Confessions of a Fat Ass » | Bitch, Moan, Repeat » | Apples and Oranges and Write-ups, oh my! » | Junior Haiku 2 » | Junior Haiku » | I'm tired from all the work I don't do » | I was due. » | Today I Saw Elvis » 

Thursday, September 20, 2007 

Still Strong

It's Day 6-ish and I'm still strong. I've read that it takes something like 21 days to start a new habit, so my eyes are on Day 22.

You know what makes me sick? Skinny people who eat nothing but junk food, that's what! The teacher in the classroom next to me, Ms. S, is the perfect weight and shape. Not too thin, but not at all thick. I have never seen her put a single morsel of non-junk-food into her body. I'm talking candy, Sonic burgers, chocolate, and cafeteria lunches. But she doesn't gain weight.

She's not the only one. Just a few days ago I realized that another woman with a perfect body eats a Snickers ice cream bar at lunch EVERY DAY.

Meanwhile, the football coach, who is HUGE, eats salads every day. He's not fat-- he's just one of those giant black men. Not skinny either, you know. Just a big man. I would think that such a big man would need something more than salad.

I always tell the kids, "The only person you can control is yourself." So I guess the only person I can control is myself. Yesterday I had a peach for breakfast, a turkey sandwich on wheat bread with tomato and light mayo and a few carrot sticks for lunch. At dinner I had a piece of roast and some peas. The goal is no sugars or carbs.

I can tell a few minor differences that may or may not be related. For one, I'm not eating as much food and I'm not as hungry. I thought I would be hungrier and that this would be really hard, but I'm satisfied after I eat. Imagine that-- satisfied by things that aren't bad for me! That's the horrible thing about sugars-- they make me hungrier. For another, I seem to have a little more energy in general. Waking up is slightly easier, and I've been getting up between 5 and 5:30 this week. Nothing's better than waking up at 5:00, thinking, "No way. I'm going back to sleep!" and then realizing that you're wide awake and ready to go. Yesterday is the only day I've been tired in the morning in the last week or so, and it was because I woke up in the middle of the night and stayed awake for a while. Yesterday sucked on many levels, but I made it through the diarrhea and the sleepiness and the hyper-hyper students, and today I feel great. I got to bed early last night, and I slept all the way through. Woohoo!!!

The days also seem to be going by a little faster. I hope the same is true of today, but Thursdays are notoriously long.

Enjoy this. Tomorrow I'll probably be bitching again.

My doctor told me last week he wanted me to lose at least 30 pounds by the time I go back to him in six months. My fat ass has translated into a fatty liver, which he says can cause a lot of problems as I get older, as if I didn't already have enough problems as I'm getting older.

I considered taking both my fat ass and fat liver and sitting on his scrawny self, but, since exercise helps you lose weight, I exercised a little discretion and restrained myself.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health