« Home | Teachers Who Blog » | Poem » | Tired of being tired » | I hate everyone. » | Ann Busts a Gut » | Overheard in the Junior High » | No rest for the pregnant » | Forrest General is Trying to Kill My Husband » | Ann wakes up grumpy, with a vision to save the world. » | Did I mention that my head hurts? » 

Thursday, October 02, 2008 

Nerves.

Today I have a doctor's appointment. This is the day they'll start checking my baby gateway (ok, it's called a cervix) to see if the little booger is doing anything at all to suggest that he's getting close to ready. On one hand, I'm dreading it, because I had to have my cervix checked that time that I pulled my ligaments while dealing with the dogs, and it was very painful. At the same time, I want to know what's happening, if anything.

I hope there's some progress, because if I'm dilated at all they're going to do an ultrasound really soon to see how big he is. The doctor keeps saying he's bigger than normal. I'm sure I know how far along I am, so I think he's just big because I've made no effort to avoid the sweet, sweet carbohydrates that I've been craving for the last 6 months. Either that or there's just a lot of fluid and they're worrying for nothing. They say as they get bigger, they can't punch you as hard because they run out of room. Well, he's not having any trouble with that. Last night he kicked me so hard in the top of my ribs that my boob bounced up and damn near fwapped me in the face. I'm serious. If it had happened at work, it would've been highly embarrassing. I would be forever known as the teacher with the jumping boobs. That kind of thing leads me to believe that he's not as crowded as they think, and maybe I'm measuring big for some other reason.

They're also apparently going to do some kind of test today. I'm not sure what it's for (group b strep?) because I wasn't really listening until they said, "...swab of your rectum." Good grief! That certainly got my attention.

See what I mean?? THIS is what we should be telling kids in sex education classes to prevent pregnancy. Hand out condoms, but try to use the phrase "swab of your rectum" in the process. I promise you, teen pregnancy will decrease.

I'll update later on what the doc says. Right now I need to go shower. Very, very thoroughly.

Ann of the jumping boobs.............

What did the doc say????

He said, "If you're dilated, we'll go over there and have him today!"

Then he said, "You're not having him any time soon."

Then he said he wants to do an ultrasound in 2 weeks to see how big the baby is, because, "He's not the smaaaallllest baby," and he might be due sooner than we think, I guess.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I have a feeling they're going to do the ultrasound 2 weeks from now, decide the boy is too big, and induce me soon thereafter.

Or they could just let me stay pregnant until I push out ten pounds of baby and ruin my lady goods forever.

Don't worry - if you have a ten pounder they can fix you! I told my Dr. to make me new again and I think he put in an extra stitch or two.

Good luck - it will be fine and soon the jumping boobs will be replaced with squirting ones :)

I really enjoy blogging and I would love to follow and make friends with similar bloggers! .
check our website

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health