« Home | Forrest General is Trying to Kill My Husband » | Ann wakes up grumpy, with a vision to save the world. » | Did I mention that my head hurts? » | Long Weekend » | Va-jay-jay » | Three-fer: Childbirth class. Aunt C Update. Mom's... » | Nothin' like the real thing » | RNC » | Showered. » | Found it. » 

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 

No rest for the pregnant

I have been in the worst mood for the last two days. I think it's because I'm never comfortable anymore. Most nights, I wake up 1 or 2 times to pee. The other night I woke up 6 times. SIX TIMES, people! Last night (and every other night in recent memory) I have been waking up throughout the night not to pee, but to find a more comfortable position. One that doesn't exist, apparently.

During the day, my back aches constantly. Sometimes I get this shooting pain down my right leg that could almost take me to the ground. It starts in my back above my butt, goes through my butt, and down my leg. I have been told this is the result of the baby being on something called the sciatic nerve. It's a bitch, I tell you.

Don't get me started on how big my belly has gotten, the never ending heartburn that continues to get worse and worse, the feet that never stop hurting, or-- this is my favorite-- the fact that now when I stand up it feels like something is about to fall out of my lower regions. That's got to be one of the most disturbing sensations. Not painful, necessarily, just disturbing. Yesterday I called the doctor's office to ask about it, and the nurse told me to get used to it. They more or less said there's nothing for me to worry about as long as I'm not having contractions less than 5 minutes apart and as long as the baby is moving. And he's moving, believe me. Sometimes it looks like I've got a gerbil in my shirt.

I'm just ready for him to come out here so I can pass him off to his daddy and go take a nap see his beautiful face.

Let the countdown begin!!!

I am not making fun... it IS MISERABLE. I was overdue with both my boys and then I had 10 pounders! They walked out of the hospital pushing my wheelchair :)

It will be over soon :)

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health