« Home | Found it. » | Drama at my Momma's » | Gustav, you bastard! » | Don't say I didn't warn you. » | McCain-Who? » | Offender Update » | I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on... » | Quickie. » | Opening » | Random Thought Whenever » 

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 

Showered.

Today I skipped out on work because I was up all night with the Tijuana Trots and a backache from hell. Too much information for you? Okay, I'll tell you about my baby shower instead.

First of all, it rocked that so many people showed up. Most of my aunts (the cool ones, not the c*nty one) showed up along with a few close family friends. There were probably as many people at the shower as there were at my wedding, which is either really cool or really depressing, depending on how you look at it. I'm still a little bitter about the whole nobody showing up to the wedding thing. Assholes. I could've saved my money and had the same end result at the courthouse.

Anyway, back to the shower. Lots of people showed up, everyone had fun, and they showered me with lots and lots and lots of gifts. It rocked. We already have more stuff than we need (or at least I think we do) and there are still at least 2 more showers in the near future-- one at work, and one with Tim's side of the family.

I already had most of the big items, like a high chair, a bouncy thingie, a walker thingie, a mat for the floor where you let them play thingie, a bassinet, car seats, etc. One of my friends gave me tons of stuff that is still practically new, and another friend sold me lots of other stuff on the low low. So I already had a high chair but one of my aunts gave me a new one. I think I'm going to take it back to Wal Mart and trade it for diapers or something. Another aunt also gave me a bouncy thingie. I don't know what we're going to do with that yet, but I think I already have a similar bouncy thingie. I don't know WHAT I have, to be honest. Two rooms of my house are filled with stuff. Stuff that I can't even identify.

This Saturday is our childbirth class. I can barely even type that without giggling, because I'm sure it's going to yield some blogging material. Anyway, after we learn about whatever we're going to learn about, we're finally going to buy the crib, and I'll spend the rest of the weekend setting up the nursery, washing baby clothes, and trying to figure out what the various multi colored plastic doo dads are for.

Between now and then I guess I'll have to go back to work, assuming the trots don't come back.

It sounds like you got set up pretty good! They have some really cool things now - makes me want another baby sometimes just for the stuff! Ha ha

Can't wait to hear about the childbirth class... I'll make sure NOT to have my coffee with me when I read it :)

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health