« Home | I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on... » | Quickie. » | Opening » | Random Thought Whenever » | Baby and stuff. » | The Other Extreme-- A Quick Vent » | First Day of School » | Orange juice and lemonade » | Catching Thieves » | Pregnancy Diary » 

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 

Offender Update

One of yesterday's offenders came to me first thing this morning and offered an apology for what he did yesterday at the end of the day. At first I assumed that he was just trying to get out of trouble, but then I realized that it was so early that there was no way he could even know that I had written him up. Then I noticed a quiver in his voice, and then-- get this-- I saw a tear well up in his eye. So I commended him for coming to apologize, and told him that he'd still have to face his office referral but that I would let the assistant principal know that he'd come to me with a sincere apology. I left a message on the AP's phone. I have no clue what the boy's punishment was.

The other offender from yesterday nearly ran me over as she marched angrily into the bathroom. I happened to be standing in the doorway to find out why it was taking my ladies so long to do their business and come back out. (We go as a class after lunch.) The offender was with the ISS group. I don't know how many days of ISS she received. She clearly has not been lying awake at night trying to figure out how to word her apology.

The class of offenders was much better today. I changed the procedure for getting binders at the beginning of the class, and I made some seating adjustments. I also removed The Ringleader from the equation, temporarily, and that happened at the beginning of class, so I was able to have a day to work on the others without him in there. It was nice. I also noticed that when we went over some board work, everyone was offering answers-- CORRECT answers! Seems without TR in the room, everyone's okay with speaking up. HmmMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health