« Home | Catching Thieves » | Pregnancy Diary » | Fixer uppin » | Baby Naming 101 » | Money pits » | Random Thought Whenever » | The Second Anniversary of Mr. Contrary and Mrs. Co... » | Rant » | Obama is a Dumbass » | How Tim Stole Frog's Dinner » 

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 

Orange juice and lemonade

This morning I took the gestational diabetes sugar test. Let me start by saying that it only sucked approximately 1/8 as much as people said it would. I had been told all sorts of horror stories about how I would gag and then possibly regurgitate the stuff you have to drink. However, as with so many other pregnancy horror stories I've heard, it really wasn't that bad.

The drink was exactly like a cheap orange flavored juice, like Jungle Juice or something similar. Remember Jungle Juice? It was really cold when they gave it to me, and I had five minutes to drink a small bottle of it. Since I was supposed to be at work and knew I was missing out on important first-of-the-year stuff, I wanted to get it over with. Rarely do I rush through anything that ends with me going back to work, but nothing sucks worse than being in a really chaotic situation where a lot is expected of you and you've missed out on what little guidance you were given.

Once I finished drinking the elixir, I had to sit in the waiting room for one hour without eating or drinking anything else. That part sucked. I'm currently suffering from some of the worst indigestion imaginable, and soon after the sweet drink landed on my stomach I was tempted to tear into the pack of Rolaids I now keep on hand. Even worse is the fact that I had a cold bottle of water with me, and couldn't drink that either. The hour did pass by pretty quickly though, partly because the baby was kicking me so hard that you could see it through my shirt. I'm sure it's creepy as hell to anyone who happens to be looking, but it amuses me to no end.

Speaking of amusing myself, my doctor's office bathroom has one of those little doors in the wall that opens up to the lab, and you put your cup of pee in there when you're done. Every time I put my cup of pee in the window, I'm tempted to yell "Lemonade UP!"

You know. Like at a diner. Nevermind.

I didn't see the doctor today, so I have to go back next week for that. As bored as I get with the appointments, excitement and uncertainty are probably not desirable features of a visit to the obstetrician. Hopefully these appointments will continue to be so boring that I'll be tempted to amuse myself with pee.

Damn, now I'm going to have to try even harder to behave myself at the doc's office. And around the house. Lemonade UP! is just too good not to use.

SH, I figured you'd get it. :)

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health