« Home | The Second Anniversary of Mr. Contrary and Mrs. Co... » | Rant » | Obama is a Dumbass » | How Tim Stole Frog's Dinner » | Thoughts on the Movie “Juno”: A Pregnant Girl’s R... » | Pranks and Cankles » | Awake Against My Will » | Insert Clever Title Here » | Off Again » | I'm a Winner! » 

Thursday, July 24, 2008 

Random Thought Whenever

AT&T sucks. Long story. They just suck. We're going to either Cellular South or Alltel. I nearly went postal today in the AT&T store because I couldn't believe the horseshit the little hair-gel wearing fuckshit behind the counter was telling me.

I got my hair cut today. It's shorter than it has been in years, and I'm diggin it. Feels goooooooooooood!

Our animals are all crazy. Tim bought a giant tub to use as a water bowl for Bear and Daisy, since they liked to tump over the plastic bucket we were using so they could chew on it. Nevermind that they nearly dehydrated themselves. Anyway, every time Tim empties out the giant tub and refills it with cold water, Daisy jumps in it.

IMG_0320

IMG_0319

On the way in the house after not going postal at the AT&T store, Tim spotted this thing:

IMG_0323

It was under the carport, near the back door, and it was wandering around slowly like it was sick or confused or something. Tim thought it was a mouse at first, but I'm pretty sure it's a mole. I grabbed Pookie and dropped him right in front of it, hoping he would, you know, resolve the problem. He sniffed it, turned his head towards me as if to say, "So what?" and then walked away from it.

I can understand the dog standing in her drinking water. But a cat who won't kill a rodent-- even one that's wiggling around in such a tempting fashion? That just ain't right.

AWWWWWWW! It IS a mole! That makes me want to watch Winnie the Pooh

You need to get that dog a wading pool!

Put the mole in the water "dish" and let Daisy have a swimming party.

That's a mole, all right. Unless you have platypi in Mississippi. Then again, I've never seen a real platypus, and it doesn't have a beak on it, and those things might just be extinct anyway, and I can't even spell the plural of them. But you ARE the English teacher, so you tell me. Hopefully, you'll be more knowledgeable in your subject than I was in mine.

Your critter also looks a bit like a black vole, but I think they have bigger ears than I see in your photo. The feet would tell the tale, I'm thinkin', as we all know that moles are diggers, but voles frolic in the meadow, waiting to be eaten by owls.

That's how I know about voles, from dissecting owl pellets. Don't get your panties in a wad. It's not poop. It's what the owl regurgitates that it can't digest. They are dry, hairy pellets full of bones and teeth. You can order owl pellets for dissection, and they come with a chart of bones to help you identify what your owl ate before it hurled the pellet.

Sorry to take up so much space. You're welcome for the bad science lesson.

Our cats and dogs LOVE the baby moles. They chew on them until they're dead, then leave them on the porch. You can tell by their fierce little feet, much better adapted for digging than mice feet, which are like little hands. At least they were on Michael J. Fox as Stuart Little.

MSC, I'm not sure what Winnie the Pooh has to do with it, but umkaaay.

DY, They'll eat a swimming pool. It wouldn't last five minutes. Seriously. They ate one of those dog igloo things.

HM, I once had a close encounter with a mole as a child. At least my mom told me it was a mole. Of course, she wasn't there when I saw it. Anyway, I was climbing through a barbed wire fence, and got my shirt and hair so tangled up in the barbed wire that I couldn't get out. I was good and stuck. Just as I was realizing how stuck I was, I noticed a rodent like critter moving towards me in the leaves. It was the creepiest shit I've ever seen, and the closer it got, the more afraid I became. It was alien like. I finally ripped myself out of the barbed wire, leaving behind a lot of hair and t-shirt, and possibly some flesh. My mother later told me my stalker had been a mole. But it didn't look quite like the one I saw today. This one had a pointier nose, and his hands were more leathery looking, and bigger. It wasn't as mouse-like. So I dunno.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health