« Home | Obama is a Dumbass » | How Tim Stole Frog's Dinner » | Thoughts on the Movie “Juno”: A Pregnant Girl’s R... » | Pranks and Cankles » | Awake Against My Will » | Insert Clever Title Here » | Off Again » | I'm a Winner! » | We Made It. » | Land of Fruit and Nuts » 

Saturday, July 19, 2008 

Rant

Yesterday I called my OB's office to ask some questions about the gestational diabetes test. First of all, nobody picked up the phone for about ten minutes, and by nobody I mean no answer whatsoever. Not even a machine or a "push this number for that" dealio. It just rang and rang. That really communicates that they care, ya know?

When I finally got someone on the phone, I told her I was concerned that my GD test wasn't scheduled until Week 29, which seems like a long time to wait to test someone who is high risk for several reasons. At first she tried to blow me off completely, and I finally told her that I know it's supposed to be done between weeks 25 and 28. She said Week 29 was fine. I pointed out that I'm high risk for GD and said I was surprised they would put it off so long. I just wanted them to move it up. Why not??

We went back and forth for a few minutes, the gist of it being that she didn't want to deal with me and I wanted my concerns to be heard, then she finally got frustrated with me and said, "Dr. Drake's been doing this for 30 years, hon. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. He's sharp as a tack." I said, "I'm not questioning his professional--- nevermind. I'll just talk to him in person at my next appointment," and hung up.

What a stupid bitch! These medical ass hats want you to keep your mouth shut and ask no questions, apparently. Sorry, but I'm not a fucking sheep. I'm going to educate myself on what's happening with my body and/or my baby, and I'm going to ask questions when I don't understand the logic behind a decision. If he's got 30 years of experience and is so damn sharp, I'm sure he can offer a better explanation than "Because I said so."

Rant over.

Wow! What a joke! The doctor has been practicing for 30 years, is "sharp as a tack", so he doesn't need to answer questions? That's a bunch of baloney.

If the doctor is unable to answer questions reasonably, it's not ok. You do have options. Get a second opinion. Get another OB. Call a midwife. You know your own medical history and the doctor should listen to you.

I hate stupid doctors.

You're doctor's fine, his staff however are mandatory bitches. It comes with the scenery and it shouldn't. He probably isnt even aware of how they talk to ppl, so at your next apt, tell him you called with a valid concern and were made to feel like an nit-picky and stupid person, and you don't asppreciate the attitude. He'll tell her to climb off the high horse or have someone else sign her pay check. Remember, you're paying them, they aren't paying you.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health