« Home | Land of Fruit and Nuts » | San Francisco, Part 1 » | San Francisco Update » | What I get for being impatient » | My son, the tapeworm » | Sannnnn Franciscooooo » | The in-grown toenail digging Asian woman, and the ... » | Here it is... » | The Verdict » | What the hell is wrong with people? » 

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 

We Made It.

We made it back to Memphis with no major delays, took a three hour nap at my mom's, ate our first good meal in over a week, and then came on to Hattiesburg. We got home at about 1:30 a.m., and I've never been so glad to see a place as I was to see my house, my bed, and most importantly, the Black Ness Monster.

IMG_0111

He's having some abandonment issues. We left him outside for a week and a friend of mine came by to feed and water both of them. I knew Millay would be fine because she stays outside all the time, but Pookie is a tenderfoot, a sensitive soul, a vagina. My friend said when she came by yesterday morning, he was throwing a fit and begging to be let inside, then didn't want to let her leave after she started petting him. He's been all over me since we got home.

Today has been hell. First of all, I left the dogs' collars out in the yard the other day when I nearly killed myself, and Tim ran over both of them with the lawn mower. These are the electronic shocking collars that cost $70 each, so that little blunder cost us about $150. He cut the mower off when he realized what had happened, and once he had finished informing me of how stupid I was, went back out to continue mowing only to discover that the mower would not start. So he went to get the truck so he could haul the mower to the shop, only to discover that the truck wouldn't crank. Fabulous! So now we've got busted dog collars, a broken lawn mower, and a broken truck. I told Tim to come back in the house and quit working before he put us in the poor house.

I need a vacation.

YAY! It's a cat blog again!

Pookie should not be hanging out in pool halls. You're asking for trouble.

Well, don't go to San Francisco, I hear it sux.

BTW, you KNOW it's not Tim that's driving you (wait, since the truck won't crank, you won't be driving him anywhere) to the poorhouse, it's YOU. It's always the vagina's fault.

Welcome home.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health