« Home | Ten fingers, ten toes, and a penis, please. » | Jubilee Damn » | This show sucks » | Babies are expensive... when parents are stupid. » | Feathered Invaders » | Hot Weather, Guns and Religion, and Pick up Trucks » | Shoo fly! » | Truth » | Behold! » | Back to the Basement » 

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 

What the hell is wrong with people?

Is it smart to take tiny little babies out in public when they're tiny?

I don't know if I'm noticing this more because I'm pregnant, or what, but it seems like everywhere I turn there's someone with a teeny tiny baby. I was in the mall yesterday, and I saw a young woman walking around with a baby that couldn't have been more than two or three weeks old. My cousin's crazy ass wife (super crazy, y'all) has a baby who is about 5 weeks old right now, and she's been taking her out in public since she was less than a week old. It may not be a coincidence that the kid has had an upper respiratory infection and already had to go to the hospital for that.

Tonight I was reading on an internet forum that I've been frequenting. It's made up of women who are due in October. There's a thread there right now where they are discussing what to dress their (as yet unborn) babies up as for Halloween. These bitches are due in October, okay? So these babies they're already planning to dress up and parade around town will only be a few days to a few weeks old when they do this, yet no one seems to be thinking twice about it. They're too busy buying shit on Ebay.

Seems stupid. Is it just me?

Would it be crude of me to suggest that those deluded ladies who seem to be more interested in giving birth to an accessory rather than a child dress their kids up as "Pneumonia" for Halloween? Because if that's not cool, then I won't say it.

Oh, it's cool. "Accessory" is the word I was searching for earlier when I wrote this post. That seems to be what a lot of people want. I also think it has something to do with how so many kids end up not being raised properly.

My daughter didn't take her baby out until he was six weeks old. She was told by her doctor that it takes that long for a child's own immune system to develop well enough to give him the protection he needs. Made sense to me.

Sounds to me like those parents are more concerned about themselves and the attention THEY are getting than the welfare of their babies. They'll be the same ones that will expect their kids to be perfect little representatives of themselves, because, after all, what's more important here? The child, or how that child reflects how great THEY are.

I agree with you. And you are due during the time that has the highest RSV incidents. Remember when Liv had that? IT WAS HORRIFIC. I didn't go anywhere with her when she was teeny (well except for Christmas at mom's since she was born the week before)
Ryan actually gave it to her because when you're older it remembles just a stuffy nose or cold, but with a newborn it is just awful and takes weeks to feel better from, so remember that when he's so little. I don't blink so much when a parent goes OUT with their baby, what bothers me is people coming through like cattle and TOUCHING your baby. That used to REALLY bother me. It's like, GIVE ME MY BABY! I PUSHED IT OUT MY VAGINA AND I DONT WANT YOU TO RUB ITS HEAD WITH YOUR SNOTTY HANDS.

I took my babies out relatively young, but they were in a sling (right next to my boobs!) and it made people refrain from attempting to touch. I liked it that way.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health