« Home | Babies are expensive... when parents are stupid. » | Feathered Invaders » | Hot Weather, Guns and Religion, and Pick up Trucks » | Shoo fly! » | Truth » | Behold! » | Back to the Basement » | Coupled. » | Cleaning my house, covering my ass, and taunting t... » | Worst. Commercial. Ever. » 

Friday, June 13, 2008 

This show sucks

pookiewatches

Don't make fun of my 15 year old Wal Mart "entertainment center." I think it was first used in Tim's dorm room.

Hey, if it's simple enough that the cat can use it, I say keep it. At least he can keep himself entertained that way.

In the midst of celebrating the return of The Great Cat Blog, I realized what you had done. A most scathingly brilliant idea, to put a black cat in our paths on Friday the 13th.

I used to have that entertainment center in brown. I assembled it myself. My speakers were tiny little things that fit where you have your DVDs. I also had that pink wallpaper in blue, on the upper half of my walls above some fake tongue-and-groove paneling, in the bathroom of my house in town. My $17,000 house, the one we put the wallpaper in when we remodeled. We did not think to put carpet on the walls, though it does add a touch of 'Poolio' ambiance to the room.

That tan ceramic tile? We have it in the entryway of the Mansion.

Stewed Hamm, Spoken like a true bachelor.

HM, Yeah half of our house has a 1975 feel, and the rest has a 1990 feel to it. The maroon wallpaper and teal floral border are circa 1990. I really don't know what to do with that. I hate it-- believe me. But if I'm going to tear that stuff down, which I would love to do, I should get rid of the carpet on the wall and just paint the wall all the way down. But under that carpet there's a hillbilly version of a wall. I'm not sure it's even paintable, and I don't know how to fix it. So we're not wanting to open that can of worms.

The "entertainment center" was probably born around the same time. I was serious about it being in Tim's dorm room. When he moved into this house, he set the tv and stereo up on it and said, "That'll hafta do for now. I'll buy a real one soon." That was about 5 years ago. I just now got him to buy a new bedroom suite, and next we're getting a dining room table and chairs. One day we'll get an entertainment center. Maybe.

Just to the right of the tv is the fireplace I posted a pic of the other day. And just to the right of that there's an exit that leads out to the patio, where the hot tub is located. I reckon the tile's supposed to spare the carpet from the wet and dirty feet coming in from the patio. It looked better with the carpet that was here before. I may try to update it as soon as I talk Tim into replacing the linoleum in both bathrooms with tile, but that's about #10 on the to-do list.

One day I'll have this place complete de-1990s-fied and de-bachelor-fied. Who knows. Maybe one day I'll even find a solution to the carpeted wall issue.

I don't have a handy mansion-building hillbilly to help me, ya know. :)

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health