« Home | Feathered Invaders » | Hot Weather, Guns and Religion, and Pick up Trucks » | Shoo fly! » | Truth » | Behold! » | Back to the Basement » | Coupled. » | Cleaning my house, covering my ass, and taunting t... » | Worst. Commercial. Ever. » | I'm on empty » 

Thursday, June 12, 2008 

Babies are expensive... when parents are stupid.

The last couple of days have been uneventful. I haven't even heard a peep out of the birds, which seems strange. Could they have flown the nest already?? I wonder how long they were in there before they got loud enough for us to hear them.

Yesterday I pulled some weeds out of the flower beds, cleaned up a little, and made a kickass homemade pizza.

pizza

It was deeeeelicous.

Today it rained and I took a two hour nap. Before that, I bought one of those detachable shower head things with the hose. I've been wanting one so cleaning the tub would be easier, and I finally bought one because I figure it'll be necessary for bathing a young'un.

We should find out next Wednesday whether it's a boy or a girl, so I can start working on the nursery then. The main things I need are a crib and a rocker, so I went to the other end of town today to see if I could find a cheap rocker/recliner. A regular rocker probably won't do much rockin' on our thick ass carpet, and I think one of those cushy recliners will be more comfortable anyway. I stopped in three different places. The cheapest price I saw was $250.

Why does every furniture store try to sell recliners in pairs? All three places had "two for one" sales. One place didn't even have the price of a single chair listed-- the prices listed were for two. I asked the sales woman if one chair's price would be half of the price listed, and she said yes. So how is that a two-for-one sale?? You get two chairs for the price of...uh...two chairs. But you only pay one price. Which is for two chairs. Whatever.

The first place I stopped was a cutesy boutique type place. Those mothersuckers wanted $600 for the same damn thing that was $350 four miles down the road. How do those places stay in business? I mean, someone must be paying $600 for $350 chairs, right?? Maybe I need to open a cutesy boutique place in a rich neighborhood where people have so much money they prefer to pay double price for things, just for the hell of it.

Crib prices were equally ridiculous in this place. Who has $800 for a wooden box for the kid to sleep in? C'mon. I think I'm getting the $120 crib at Wal Mart, but maybe not if it was made in China, which it probably was. I've done some research on mattresses, so I'm just now looking for one of those. It's probably more important than the box it sets in.

There are a few big things to do and a lot of little things to do before the end of summer. In August I'll be back at work, and I won't have the time or energy to deal with moving furniture around or putting crap together or whatever else may need to be done. I'll be glad to find out what it is next week.

Five days to go. Until then, I'm gonna sit on the couch and watch tv.

They do make baby cribs that convert later on to twin beds...they may not be the prettiest cribs, but still cheaper in the long run.

We went to Woodland to get baby furniture when my grandson was born. It's this great big furniture outlet out in the boonies just north of Ackerman in an old school building. There's one big room full of baby stuff, one full of couches, chairs, etc., and one filled with bedroom furniture. We got a set with a crib that converts later to a bed also.

Oh, did you hear that CVS and "Wrong Aid" have both been accused of selling old medicine and formula? Thought of Tim when I read about it.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health