« Home | I'm a Winner! » | We Made It. » | Land of Fruit and Nuts » | San Francisco, Part 1 » | San Francisco Update » | What I get for being impatient » | My son, the tapeworm » | Sannnnn Franciscooooo » | The in-grown toenail digging Asian woman, and the ... » | Here it is... » 

Saturday, July 05, 2008 

Off Again

Finally, my laundry is caught up and my house is clean. How is it that no matter how clean your house is when you leave, it's dirty when you return? Maybe it's just all the laundry. A week's worth of dirty clothes for two people, all at once, and something about being packed into a hot suitcase in the belly of a plane for a whole day really accentuates the stank factor. What a pain.

All my freshly folded clothes are going straight back into a suitcase tomorrow morning, because I'm going to Oxford for a whole stinkin' week. I'm going to this. It's a whole week. Did I mention that already?

It'll be worth it, though, because it means I get to teach a brighter, hopefully more motivated bunch of pupils this year. And they are giving each of us our own room in a hotel that will probably feel like The Ritz after the lodging experience I had in San Francisco. I'll be an hour's drive from my folks, and a friend of mine who lives in Senatobia is giving me a whole car load of baby stuff, so I'll be going to visit her. So that'll take about three hours total and I'll spend the rest of the week wanting to come back home. That is if I'm not busy doing homework or choking down some required reading. Ahh, but this is what it means to be a lifelong learner, and that's a good thing, right?

In other news, my son is still kicking my ass from the inside, and I have the worst indigestion in the history of womankind.

That is all.

Have fun at the conference. Just so you know, adding a baby to the luggage load increases it exponentially. You think to yourself, oh, the baby wears these cute, tiny little things. But wait... he wears 4 outfits a day (if you're lucky) plus blankets, diapers, and other stuff. It makes you wonder how one tiny human can use so much STUFF?

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health