« Home | Insert Clever Title Here » | Off Again » | I'm a Winner! » | We Made It. » | Land of Fruit and Nuts » | San Francisco, Part 1 » | San Francisco Update » | What I get for being impatient » | My son, the tapeworm » | Sannnnn Franciscooooo » 

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 

Awake Against My Will

When I arrived here Sunday night, I was whatcha call toe-down-tired. I had driven to Oxford from Petal, then five minutes after I got here I turned around and went straight back to Senatobia (about 40 mins from here), spent about 2 hours visiting a friend there, and then came back to Oxford. I fell asleep that night after midnight, and got about 4 hours of sleep.

So yesterday sucked, and I thought I'd really be able to sleep last night. No such luck. After going out to dinner with the posse, I got back to the hotel around 9, went to bed around 10:30, and fell asleep around midnight. Another five hour night.

Surely tonight would be the night. When the posse headed back to downtown, I asked to be let off at the hotel. That was at 6:15. At 8:30, I was in bed. And that's where I have been for the last two and a half hours, but I'm still awake. Against my will.

WHAT THE CRAP!? I'm TIRED! I want to SLEEEEEP! I'm in a nice cool room with a nice clean bed with every kind of pillow one could want. The Unborn was kicking me a little bit earlier, but he's calmed down since then, and there's no reason I shouldn't be in dreamland right now. At this point it's probably going to be even harder to fall asleep, because now I've gotten pissed about being awake.

Insomnia is a whore from hell. F*CK!

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health