« Home | Baby Naming 101 » | Money pits » | Random Thought Whenever » | The Second Anniversary of Mr. Contrary and Mrs. Co... » | Rant » | Obama is a Dumbass » | How Tim Stole Frog's Dinner » | Thoughts on the Movie “Juno”: A Pregnant Girl’s R... » | Pranks and Cankles » | Awake Against My Will » 

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 

Fixer uppin

Today I got caught in a flash flood. I went to Hattiesburg to pick up some paint, and as soon as I got on the road the bottom fell out. It was so bad that I had to pull over for half an hour, and lightning struck within about 100 yards of me at least three times in less than two minutes. It was the worst storm I've been caught by in a long time. Before I left on this journey, I was about to take a nap. My eyelids felt like they weighed a ton even though it was only 3:00, but the person who's painting our nursery called and said she'd start tomorrow if I got the paint today. On the way back home, I was turned around and sent another direction 3 times when I encountered flooded streets. The cops were turning cars around in two of the places, and I opted out of the third one on my own because it looked too deep. A trip that should've taken me about thirty minutes took over two hours. And to top it off, I think I got overcharged for the paint. Way overcharged. It should've been twenty something dollars a gallon, and it was forty something.

Two weeks from now, our back patio is going to be rescreened. Before then, the wood will be sealed and the outdoor trim on the house will be repainted. Oh, and the hot tub is leaving. That guy bought it. I ended up taking half of what I originally asked him because it wasn't heating up properly. It doesn't matter to me what he paid for it; I'm just glad it's going to be gone. The little money I got for it will get me a nice new patio table with some chairs, I think. Or maybe it won't pay for all of it, but it'll help. I have no idea what patio furniture costs. If the price of that paint is any indication, I might have to stop while we can still afford groceries.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health