« Home | Long Weekend » | Va-jay-jay » | Three-fer: Childbirth class. Aunt C Update. Mom's... » | Nothin' like the real thing » | RNC » | Showered. » | Found it. » | Drama at my Momma's » | Gustav, you bastard! » | Don't say I didn't warn you. » 

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 

Did I mention that my head hurts?

What a horrible week so far. I didn't write lesson plans this weekend because I was at the hospital with Tim the whole time, so I have been coming up with plans early every morning. Something about winging it-- or coming up with a definite plan at 5 in the morning-- makes for long days.

My seventh period has been f*cking horrible. I really underestimated their evilness before. Yesterday when I took up homework, only 4 kids had it. I later discovered that two of them cheated on it, so I gave them zeros. But that came later. When I saw that only 4 kids had the work, I let those 4 use the class period to work on yet another assignment that was due TODAY, and I spent the class period doing the not-done-homework with the other 20 slackers. Then today when I asked them to turn in the second assignment, the very ones I gave the materials and time to work on it yesterday gave me excuses that said, "I didn't have time," and "I wasn't here." What the fuck? You weren't here? No shit, Sherlock! Your ass was in the library- where I sent you with materials to do THIS PROJECT.

My head damn near exploded. I mean, seriously, I felt it get close to exploding.

Yesterday I stayed at work until 6:00 just calling parents of kids in that class and putting their many, many zeros into the gradebook and documenting every phone call, email, etc. Then after none of them had the assignment today, I almost lost it-- specifically on the two cheaters who I unwittingly rewarded for cheating only to have them slap me in the face with "I didn't have time" when I asked for the assignment I gave them time to do.

God. My head hurts.

I have a sympathy headache!!!

I hope you are able to relax this weekend and recover.

You are cordially invited to join my garage band, MOMMY'S GOT A HEADACHE.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health