« Home | No rest for the pregnant » | Forrest General is Trying to Kill My Husband » | Ann wakes up grumpy, with a vision to save the world. » | Did I mention that my head hurts? » | Long Weekend » | Va-jay-jay » | Three-fer: Childbirth class. Aunt C Update. Mom's... » | Nothin' like the real thing » | RNC » | Showered. » 

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 

Overheard in the Junior High

I don't know if this qualifies for Overheard in the Junior High, since it was said to me, but I haven't done an Overheard post in a long time, so whatever.

A more appropriate title for this one might be "Things Students Say That Make Their Teacher's Heads Nearly Explode."

Student: Mrs. Ann, do you know yo baby daddy?
Me: How could I not know him? I'm having a baby with him, aren't I?
Student: Well you could not know him cause my auntie have twins by a man and she don't even know his name cause he up and runned off and left her and she raisin' dem by hahsef now dat a real independent woman right der!

I wanted to say, "Well maybe your aunt shouldn't f*ck people whose names she does not know." But that would've been at least as inappropriate as what the student said, so I bit my tongue. I didn't respond at all. I didn't even bash my head into the wall. I just made a mental note to move "prepare the handbaskets" up a few spaces on my to-do list.

Labels:

This is really sad....

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health