« Home | Off Guard » | Vote for Penis » | WHY? » | Scavenger Hunt Obstacle Course » | Two and a half days to go. » | Fabulous » | The school year is almost over. » | Clusterfuck, redefined. » | Why does the medical community hate me? » | The Frazzled Nurse and The Chair of Death » 

Saturday, May 31, 2008 

Five Things I Want My Kids to Know (before they grow up)

I saw this as a meme, and decided to do it. Five things I want my kid(s) to know (before they grow up) are:

1. Your parents might have screwed up along the way, but you're still solely responsible for who/what you become.

2. You have alcoholic relatives on both sides of your family, so don't mess with the sauce.

3. Even the best childhood friends tend to fade into the background pretty easily, so worrying about what they think is a waste of your time.

4. Anyone who's trying to sell you something, get your vote, or convert you to their way of thinking is probably lying.

5. If you waste your free time on the internet instead of doing something more productive, like reading, you will one day find that you can't think of a list of five things you want your kid to know before he/she grows up.

Okay I really had to work to come up with five things, but I know I've thought of hundreds of things that could go on the list. My kids are in trouble, I guess.

I'm not going to tag anyone. Do it if you want. (I'd like to see it.)

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health