« Home | Fabulous » | The school year is almost over. » | Clusterfuck, redefined. » | Why does the medical community hate me? » | The Frazzled Nurse and The Chair of Death » | Double Yolker » | Kids » | On a more positive note » | Bad things about pregnancy, bad things about bad p... » | Why it's hard to believe » 

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 

Two and a half days to go.

The kids are horrible and I'm losing my cool. Yesterday I yelled so loud at my first period class that I peed on myself a little. Today I had fifty things going at one time and two kids started shouting and threatening each other. I told one to shut up and she blew her lid and told me I wasn't her damn momma, so of course I had to write her up, which of course meant I had to admit that I told her to shut up.

:sigh:

Yesterday I made an eager beaver clean out my closet because I was told that I'd have to move it all to a new closet today. That didn't happen, but I did find out where my new room is. I can't complain. It's a back room so it's a little bigger and has more usable space. It's the exact same distance from a bathroom as my current room, and it's on the opposite end of the campus. I won't have to walk as far to make copies. I'll be teaching only eighth grade, and I know I'll have at least one section of Pre-AP. It'd be nice to have all Pre-AP, but I don't think that's how it works.

Today I was thinking about what a massive pain in my ass my first period group has been all year. They've been hell on wheels from day one. And I know it's kinda fuctup, but I was thinking that I won't feel an ounce of sadness when they go. We haven't bonded. Sure, there are a few kids in the class that I'll remember, but I can only think of one or two. They don't like me and I don't like them and it's just time for them to go. They're a group of do-nothing weed smoking gangster wanna be little fuckups, and I haven't had a successful moment with them all year that I can remember. Good riddance.

With my other eighth grade group, things have changed drastically since the beginning of the year. They've done a total 180. The entire class was united against me in the beginning. Sometime around the end of October, they started turning around. Today you wouldn't believe they were the same kids.

The coming summer break is a much needed one.

Well, at least you were able to have an effect on the kids in that class. The kids in that other class you'll probably see again someday - on the local news when they get arrested.

I'm jealous! We have 3 more weeks, and tomorrow is *gasp* Open House! Sounds like next year should be easier to handle. Those pre-AP kids will keep you hopping, but at least they'll WANT to be at school.

DY, Perhaps.

Ellen, Good luck. I don't think I could stand 3 more weeks. Hell I know I couldn't. When did y'all start?

DPA- We started in AUGUST (the 10th, to be exact... :p). We're on a "modified" schedule so we get slightly longer breaks during the year, and a shorter summer. It's AWFUL, but it beats the alternative (year-round schools).

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health