« Home | The school year is almost over. » | Clusterfuck, redefined. » | Why does the medical community hate me? » | The Frazzled Nurse and The Chair of Death » | Double Yolker » | Kids » | On a more positive note » | Bad things about pregnancy, bad things about bad p... » | Why it's hard to believe » | Random Thought Whenever » 

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 

Fabulous

As if this week wasn't already busy enough, our school was selected to take some kind of state test. Yes, we just finished the state tests, but this is another one that not everyone has to take. I don't understand why they just now decided to inform us that we were selected, but we have to take it today. That means that I get to spend at least 4 hours in "test mode" today, which means I can't sit down or anything. This SUCKS. When they announced it, a lot of the kids groaned. Hell, I groaned. I'm hoping lots of the kids stay home today. They should rebel.

Our washing machine has crapped out on us, so I barely have enough clean clothes to get through the week. There is only one thing I can really wear my sneakers to work with, and I wore it yesterday. That means I'll be in dress shoes today--- but I'll probably kick them off and wear my Crocs during the test. They're comfortable, but they're not good for hours of standing. Not as good as New Balance sneakers, anyway.

I'm angry at the prospect of having to spend another day standing up, but I do feel worse for the kids than for myself. They already endured three days of this bullshit, and we promised them it was over. It's really not fair for this to get thrown to us at the very last second. What can this test measure that the MCT can't? I mean besides our ability to endure yet more bullshit?

I am beginning to lose my sense of humor about it all.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health