« Home | We are not irrelevant. » | Tale of the Lazy Yard Boy » | I can't think of a title for this that doesn't sou... » | Talkin' » | Nightmare in the Morning » | GOLD! » | File under "General Bitchery" » | What makes you drool and is better than sex? » | Stupid for So Many Reasons » | Handsome. » 

Monday, December 22, 2008 

A trip.

I do not recommend traveling more than 2 or 3 hours alone with a 7 week old, and I'll never do it again no matter how guilty my relatives make me feel. Yesterday Charlie and I left the house at 9:30. He slept all the way to Grenada, which is only about an hour and a half south of our destination. I had to stop and change and feed him, which I did at a McDonald's. I changed him in their bathroom, then fed him in the back seat of the car.

It took about half an hour for him to eat because his food was cold and he wasn't very enthusiastic about it. He fell asleep instantly after he ate, and I put him back in the car seat. I was getting ready to get back on the road when I realized that I did not have my purse. I had left it in the bathroom stall over half an hour earlier. It had everything in it. My cell phone, check book, debit card, a bunch of Wal Mart gift cards, and about $300 in cash. I normally don't carry more than $100 or so, but Tim was kind of paranoid and insisted that I take more cash. And hey, who am I to question his judgment? He's the man of the house. The leader of the family. The husband to whom the Bible commands me to submit. And he was shoving $300 at me, which always helps me remember all that shit about submission.

Back to the story. It had been over half an hour, it was lunch time, the place was packed, and I knew I was screwed. Surely someone had left with the purse, or at least its contents. Oh, my blood was boiling. I was already preparing to stand on a chair in the lobby of the McDonald's and give a short but very loud and angry speech about karma before storming out. I ran back into the bathroom, and someone was in the stall. I knocked and asked the person if there was a purse in there, and she said yes. So I waited. She was dropping a stinky bomb, so I stood there planning my speech. When she finally came out, I went in but there was no purse! I said, "There's no purse in there!" and she just looked at me. Freaking retard!

I went back to the lobby and asked a girl behind the counter if anyone had turned it in, and she pointed down to the end of the counter. It was setting there by a register. Thank God, and everything was still in it too! So to the person who found the purse in the bathroom stall at the Grenada McDonald's yesterday, I thank you. My husband thanks you. My son thanks you. My dooooooooooooooog thanks you!

Tomorrow (or maybe later today) I will have a short Aunt C story for you.

How lucky you were to get the purse back! Sad to say something like that.... that should be the norm! We had someone steal the presents we sent home one time. UPS dropped it off at the wrong house - my mom went over to aks them about it and the people just told her "We didn't SIGN for anything." How hateful!

Sounds like UPS owed you guys some presents. What a crappy neighbor though.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health