« Home | Plumbing in Progress » | I always knew I was a deviant » | Best Laid Plans » | Holiday Sugar High Movie Review » | The Crotchety Pirate » | Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired » | Our Luck » | Scatterbrain » | Teetering Tom » | Painful Childhood Memory » 

Saturday, July 07, 2007 

Even ninjas need their rest

Pookie the ninja kitty gets filled wif da spirit.

Oh Lawd!!
PDR_0562

Actually, it's just him sleeping on the couch.

pookiestretch

He got a couple of vaccinations yesterday, and has been a little on the sleepy side today. Poor thing. He doesn't even know they're gonna cut his balls off in exactly three weeks. Shhh...don't tell him.

So, do you want a plumber update, or are you as tired of hearing about it as I am of dealing with it?

The good news is that our septic tank has officially been bypassed, and we are now hooked in with the city sewer, so I can officially shit on the jackasses that made it so difficult. The bad news is that whatever is causing the flooding still hasn't been resolved, even though the plumber worked on it for over three hours today.

He took a clean out cover off the side of the house right under my kitchen window, and stuck something up in there that was supposed to push a bunch of pressurized air in. It sounded like a generator. He did that for over an hour. It didn't work. So then he stuck some long line up in there and had a machine wiggling it around. That didn't work either. He can't find the clog, and the camera that he normally uses for those types of jobs has been loaned to a guy who is, conveniently, off this weekend. He says he'll try to get it back as soon as possible, and will return either tomorrow or Monday to (hopefully) finish the job.

A friend of mine got hitched this morning. It was one of those family-only weddings, kinda like I wish I had done, if only to save myself the humiliation of nobody showing up. They're having a party tonight with all their friends, and I'm going. This means I must rest, because even though I'm much better, I am still feeling a bit like a congested pirate. A sleepy, congested pirate.

Argh.

Labels:

What a large Pookie you have, my dear.

He certainly has grown. Does he always sleep with the scissors by his side? You might want to watch that after his ball-ectomy. Revenge, you know.

Yes, he is a large Pookie. He weighs 5.5 lbs now, as opposed to the roughly 2 lbs he weighed when he first got here.

I had the scissors out because I was cutting out articles. Some unfortunate children are going to have to tell me whether the authors of those articles are trying to persuade them, inform them, or entertain them.

I'm certain Pookie would slice through my jugular with them if only he had thumbs.

Nice pictures and all... but you should have saved them for when you could get him to do M, C, and A. Or is Pooky too Emo for that? (he does sleep with scissors, after all)

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health