« Home | Best Laid Plans » | Holiday Sugar High Movie Review » | The Crotchety Pirate » | Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired » | Our Luck » | Scatterbrain » | Teetering Tom » | Painful Childhood Memory » | Even Steven vs. the Indian Curse » | Quickie » 

Thursday, July 05, 2007 

I always knew I was a deviant

This morning my throat was back to feeling horrible again. I tried to speak to TH in the kitchen this morning, and nearly choked just from trying to talk. It's like something in there is sticking to something else, and everything's really raw and tender. It hurts to cough, but I can't stop. In the meantime, my head and my ear still hurt.

The ENT doctor said I have a crooked septum. I believe this is synonymous with a deviated septum. It bends into my right nostril, which is somehow causing something to happen to my eustachian tube, and the pressure is all jacked up. He also said my ear drums are retracted because of this-- at least that's what I think he said-- and he said to hold my nose and blow to push them back where they're supposed to be. Then he stuck a long metal tube up my nose and sucked out a bunch of snot. That felt kinda good once it was over. I need one of those long sucky tubes at the house. After the sucky tube, they did a hearing test, and the good news is that my hearing is perfect.

I'm kinda confused about precisely what is happening, to be honest. He really did explain things, but for some reason I couldn't keep it straight. He was saying a lot of things at once. All I really know is that the thing between my two nostrils is crooked, and it's bending in and partially blocking my right nostril, and that's the beginning of the problem. He said I have some swelling in there, and he gave me a bunch of steroids. If it's not better in 3 weeks, he's going to do a CAT scan to make sure he's got the right diagnosis, then he's going to do surgery to straighten my nose, which should relieve my ear problems.

This is weird, because my nose isn't noticably crooked. It's kinda small, and I always thought that was why I couldn't breathe through my nose easily. So if my septum has always been jacked up, why is it just now bothering me? No answers on that.

I just read that this problem can be caused by excessive nose picking, or cocaine use.

Now I'm gonna go do some blow and maybe dig for gold, pinky finger style.

bush_nosepick

I am a new blogger and i was searching around trying to find find some ideas for my blog and then i got ot your blog. I thought it was really cool then i started reading your post i am so sorry that you that sick i think it would totally suck being that sick. Anyways i hope that you feel better and that you can get on soon you sound like a really fun person to talk to. So if you feel like talking my user name is dev.da.devil94 and my blog email is devster-devster.blogspot.com Cool so anyways i hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!
Devster

I'll get right to the point, ya nose-picker....get it? Point? Nose-picker? HA! I slay me.

Oh my gosh, someone send a plane or a boat...I gotta get OUT of this house!!!

Glad the dr explained the goings on in your head and is going to do something about it all. Sorry to hear about the anniversary disappointment. Uhh...sorry your backhoe operator is a putz. Sorry you have to go back to work in July (is that going to happen every year? that would suck)

Get to feeling better soon, k?

Pointer, picker, yeah I hear ya.

Sorry I only write about things that make people feel sorry for me. lol

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health