« Home | Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired » | Our Luck » | Scatterbrain » | Teetering Tom » | Painful Childhood Memory » | Even Steven vs. the Indian Curse » | Quickie » | I hope I get an intestinal parasite » | How to Burn $730 Fast » | Motorcycles, Neighbors, and Petty Concerns » 

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 

The Crotchety Pirate

Argh! My throat is so sore and swollen that I can barely turn my head.

This morning for breakfast I had a serving of ouch with a side of somebody shoot me. My voice was barely there, and when it was there it alternated between something very high pitched and annoying, and a scratchy pirate's voice. A pirate who has been smoking two packs a day for forty years.

I got up at 11:30-- only because TH said the plumber would be here 2 hours later and someone had to be both home and conscious.

I've been lying on the couch all day, dozing off and waking up in front of the tv with Pookie asleep on his back between my knees. He's so cute when he sleeps like that-- he even puts his paws behind his head so he looks like a little man relaxing on a hammock. Anyway, the plumber JUST came by at 3:30, and he didn't even do anything. He said he still had to pick up a permit, and that the next step is for the city to come out and mark the yard to map where gas lines, etc. are located. That should be done by the end of the week, and then they will actually begin working.

The only good thing that's come out of us having to wait so long is that we ended up getting hooked up with a guy that went to high school with TH, and he claims that we're getting a cheaper rate. Instead of giving us a flat quote, they're going to charge us by the hour for labor, and charge us for the rental of the backhoe. In theory, it should be less. We shall see.

I hurt. The couch is calling.

You need some sweet, sweet Histinex. Matey.

Have they done a strep test on you? That can be really nasty.

HBmom-- I asked Tim to bring me some home, but he said I don't need it because it's for congestion and I've already got something for congestion.

I wish I had some of that kickass cough syrup with the codeine in it. That's what I feel like I need--- hard drugs.

DamnYank-- No, I haven't had a strep test. I have an appt with a ENT guy Thursday, so maybe he will do one if I'm still sick.

I'm kinda hoping this will be over by the time i go see him, because I'm afraid he's going to become focused on my current sore throat and not even treat me for the ear problems I've been having for six months. I'm not sure the two are connected. It seems to me taht I've just got some kinda separate bug or something going on right now, and that when this is over I'm still going to have headaches and earaches like I have been since January.

Strep left untreated can cause a host of things - up to and including rheumatic fever and heart damage. With your headaches and sore throat, that's what made me think of that.

I've gone to Walmart before and requested cough syrup with codeine. You have to sign for it, but they gave me some. I'm sure it wasn't as strong as a doctor would prescribe, but it worked pretty well for me.

Thanks. It seems slightly better today, so I'm guessing it's viral. My appt. with the ENT doctor is tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll get whatever treatment I need.

Last night (Tues) I took a Tylenol 3. It barely fazed it. Those things usually put me in the clouds and then knock me out.

Few things feel worse than that type of viral stuff in the summer heat. Hope the ENT guy fixes you up.

I went to an orthopedic doctor yesterday for the results of an MRI to diagnose some problems I've been having with my right knee. During the entire visit (which I waited TWO hours past my appointment time for), he mostly talked into his little recording device for his medical records transcriber. I felt like I was interrupting his valuable time to ask questions. Of course, HIS diagnosis said I needed him to operate on my knee. I told him my insurance required a second opinion (lie) and I needed the results to take to another doctor. When I got to my car and started reading his report, he had me listed as a "62 year old female". Excuse me???? You add ten years to my age and I'm supposed to trust YOU to cut on my knee? F**-ing bozo, I don't think so.

"...yard to map where gas lines, etc. are located. That should be done by the end of the week, and then they will actually begin working."

ahhhh the innocence of youth trapped in a OTC drug induced fog.

Every see The Money Pit? Thats a documentary you know.

ha, haha, ahahaha, aaaaahahahaha,
aaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa, ahaha,
haha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health