« Home | Teetering Tom » | Painful Childhood Memory » | Even Steven vs. the Indian Curse » | Quickie » | I hope I get an intestinal parasite » | How to Burn $730 Fast » | Motorcycles, Neighbors, and Petty Concerns » | At my window, sad and smoldering » | Plague of the Many Mini Forests » | Teacher fever » 

Saturday, June 30, 2007 

Scatterbrain

The Husband was off today. Today was also my deadline for turning in some (more) paperwork at the district office. Tax forms and crap. Insurance. You know the drill.

Number One Reason to be a Teacher--- FREE HEALTH INSURANCE. You even get free life insurance, for whatever that's worth. The lady in the office started explaining the details of the policy to me today, and I told her I wouldn't be the one who needed the info if, God forbid, the policy ever had to be paid out. I don't even want to know about my life insurance. It forces me to think about the fact that I might not get my one wish in that area--- a fast, painless death at the age of 95. And what do I need with life insurance? So TH can ride a new motorcycle to my funeral? WTF??

Anyway, teachers only have to pay for dental. Since I don't have to pay for the health insurance, I can afford the kickass dental plan. That's why teachers have such great teeth.

You know you've officially aged past cool and straight into lame when you're excited about your dental plan.

TH and I rented movies tonight. We got Snatch, Pans Labyrinth, Breach, Trainspotting, and Cocaine Cowboys. So far we've only watched Snatch. I know it's old, but I hadn't seen it. TH had seen it before. He's also seen Trainspotting. I think everyone saw that. Everyone except me.

We ate at a Chinese buffet before we went into the video store, and both of us were stricken with painful, pressing gas at the exact same moment. TH couldn't even bend down to look at the movies on the lower shelves for fear of ripping one, and we had to make our decisions quickly so we could leave the store and..uhh..release some pressure.

It was a long ride home-- with the car windows down. Damn mushroom pork.

So many minor blog worthy things have happened to me recently, but none of them really seem to be connected, so I can't seem to put together good posts about them. My blog mojo is on vacation. (I have appealed to Going Like Sixty for three free blog topic ideas. I stole the idea from Diva.)

For example, I split my pants at my sister's house a few nights ago. My ass hung out all night, and it was hilarious. Oh, and TH and I had a little screaming match a few days ago, after which I jumped into my car and sped off angrily-- straight into the waiting arms of Officer B. of the Petal Police Department. Not only is it $135, but because the cops in the Delta write tickets to white people like the cops in other parts of the country write them to black people, this is also my 3rd ticket in 2 years.

Nationwide's gonna eat my lunch.

Now I remember why I haven't blogged about this stuff. It's stressing me out. I think I'm gonna get naked and lie in the tub until my skin wrinkles.

Well, at my age, I'm looking for something that will take the wrinkles OUT, so I have no sympathy........

One of the joys of living in a small town.......I got my recent ticket TAKEN CARE OF by an old friend. All he asked in return was that I remember his boss, Candidate X, when voting for Sheriff this year.

You know I will.

Remember the good ole' days when you were Even Steven? (yeah, I'm such an ass, aren't I)

Also, if I ever run for office, I'm totally running under the name "Candidate X." I'd probably even hire a guy to run as "Speed Mayor" or whatever, just because I could.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Pan's Labyrinth - I loved it!

I have no life insurance whatsoever. My husband is freaking the hell out over that. I said, "Like, what are you going to be out if I die? It's not like I contribute any income or anything." His reply? (Oh, it's a classic) "Um...I'll have to pay someone to do the laundry."

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health