« Home | countdown to anniversary #1 » | Three Vultures Collaborate » | Pookie goes to the doctor » | Instant Car-ma » | Exercise Haiku » | Movie Night » | My little pets » | Assholes in the news » | What works » | Quick post, because it's on my mind » 

Friday, May 25, 2007 

Let's make a day of it

Today I had five job interviews.

Hard to believe, isn't it?

It's true. Five. Three middle schools, and two high schools. Three of them seemed genuinely interested. I signed letters of intent at two of those. One was a middle school, and one was a high school. I think I would like to work at the middle school, but I heard the principal is crazy and incompetent. That doesn't discourage me much, because there are as many incompetent principals as there are incompetent teachers. I'll never understand how they manage to get their PhDs. (That's not counting the ones who go to Mississippi Valley. We all know how that works.)

There was another high school that expressed interest, and I'd like to work there. He didn't get me to sign anything, but that doesn't mean anything. He said he would call me next week and give me a definite yes or no.

As for the other two, one said he expects to have an opening, but doesn't officially have one yet. So there's hope there. The other one seemed as disinterested as could be. (I am currently working on a blog post which will basically be a dialogue of what he would've said if he'd said what I could tell he really wanted to say, and what I would've said if I'd been free to tell him what I thought of how he and his assistants were treating me.)

The interviewing took most of the day. I started at 10:00 this morning, and got home after 5:00, but I felt like I'd accomplished something. Time will tell.

"Now if that phone don't ring one more time, I'm gonna lose what's left of my mind."

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health