« Home | Quick post, because it's on my mind » | After all, it would make for good blogging » | ohmygah » | Burgers, Books, Teacher's Dirty Looks » | Jimmy ray done got that GED, gone get him a job at... » | Still not a cat blog » | A long way to go » | No Uranus Jokes. I promise. » | Love? Check. Happiness? Check. Integrity? Int... » | "Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you t... » 

Friday, May 18, 2007 

What works

The Husband is supposed to have a 3 day weekend off every other week, but hasn't had one in a couple of months because he keeps volunteering to work for other people. Unlike Wrong Aid, they don't make him work for free. They have to pay him overtime, and he comes away with almost $1000 when he does it, so it's hard to turn down. Still, I keep telling him he needs to turn someone down every once in a while, just so they don't come to expect him to do it. Does he listen? Of course not. And now they're starting to expect him to say yes, just like I said they would.

He didn't want to work today so he told the scheduling girl no when she asked, and she said, "Nobody else wants to do it, so you have to." He should have said, "Well, I won't be here." Then she would've been SOL, or found someone else. She has no authority over him. She is a pharmacy technician. Anyhow, he did go, of course. He doesn't understand how quickly people will begin to consider you their bitch when you're only trying to be cooperative. The shift he had to cover was 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., which means that when he got off work last night AT MIDNIGHT, he had to come straight home, go straight to bed, and get up at 6 a.m. to work another twelve hour shift-- on top of the 40+ he'd already worked this week.

So now it's 11 p.m. and he's sawing logs at full volume. I'm wide awake. I got up with him at the buttcrack of dawn today and cooked him breakfast, but when he left for work I went straight back to bed and stayed there for a very long time. I'm embarrassed to say how long. Let's just say I almost didn't make it to the bank in time.

Cooked some kickass meatloaf tonight, and turnip greens. No cornbread, though. I ran out of eggs. This was the defining moment of my day.

Have I mentioned lately that I can't wait to get a job?

Making a thousand dollars for being somebody's bitch isn't anything to sneeze at. That's approaching what the other kind of drug dealers pull in, yo. And it's definitely better than most hookers make... well at least the ones that I can afford.

Of course, whores get to lie down and take their shoes off, so maybe it evens out.

The best part is that he's not a bitch anymore. He quit that job 6 months ago.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health