« Home | Burgers, Books, Teacher's Dirty Looks » | Jimmy ray done got that GED, gone get him a job at... » | Still not a cat blog » | A long way to go » | No Uranus Jokes. I promise. » | Love? Check. Happiness? Check. Integrity? Int... » | "Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you t... » | The Rainy Day and the Endangered Anus » | Gene Pool Puddle » | I think, therefore I blog. I think. Wait. Repeat t... » 

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 

ohmygah

I've been having lots of weird chance encounters with teachers and students from potential employers lately. Got my nails did today, and did some shopping. (I've been getting by, but I needed something new for interviews.) When I entered the nail shop, there were two teenage girls having pedicures. As I sat with my hands soaking in the solution and waiting, I had the privilege of listening to their conversation, which was excessively loud and mundane. Typical teenager crap. Who's dating who, etc.

Ohmygah, he's 28, and my dad doesn't know, but age is just a number, and God I mean like you're an adult you know, like, you'll be 19 in four months, yeah, and I act a lot older than I am, so, like, it's just not a big deal, I can't wait to get to Cancun, ohmygah, are we going to the tanning bed later!?

Their high school graduation is next week, and they're graduating from the school where I'm hoping to teach. I overheard all of this. They even started talking about the head of the English department, and how they had not had class during the last few weeks because she was busy doing interviews.

Ohmygah!

Oh yeah. I got my grade today. I got an A. That means I have a 4.0 GPA. Let's see how long I can maintain it. I never had a 4.0 in undergrad. My very first semester, I had a 3.0. It went down dramatically the next semester, and then I spent the next 3 years trying to dig out of a hole. The end result was not impressive. It would rock to keep a 4.0.

Deep Thoughts:

I'm glad Paris Hilton's going to jail. I hope it sucks as bad as jail is supposed to suck.

Nancy Grace takes herself too seriously.

The Mexican Kitchen on Classic Drive in Hattiesburg is over rated in every sense of the word. I'm pretty sure my chile relleno was stuffed with dog food.

So far I've been interviewed by my top two choices, and one of my last resort choices. I hope something happens soon.

Sorry I missed you the other day at Lemuria. I stopped by after picking up a sandwich downstairs. Stamps is indeed an awesome burger, too. I grew up about 2 miles east of where you were hanging out. Lemuria was started by the woman that lived across the street from my parents (long before Lemuria was Lemuria). It used to be next to Julep's (across the interstate from it's present location) and it was one of my hangouts for the longest time. Then it became Lemuria and got bigger and better. The people there are always helpful. They know stuff, which is most unlike your average corporate book box. I dare say the get their asses handed to them frequently, but the local learned gentry are trying not to let them close, ever! They are also the only people in town who know who P.G. Wodehouse is...

Anyway, next time you go, I suggest eating at Broad Street downstairs. It rocks!

I am sure something will come through soon for you in the job department.

Congrats on the 4.0 - whoo hoo!!

I'm with you on Paris - I bet there's some bitches that would like to get a hold of her skinny ass - Ha ha

I second you on the Broad Street Grocery.

Did those teens rub off on you, meanie?

(I keep wanting to call you by your old handle)

"Got my nails did today"

mmm hmmm, girl, you be rocking dem nails,aiight?

Stephen,

I know what you mean. It's all I can do to not use my old handle. Esp. since I still have to sign in with that name. This Meanie b.s. is suckin' a little. I might actually go back to the old way one of these heah days. Not soon, though. When I get a job, an' my future is secure.

Anyway, yeah, I be gettin my nails did ever once in a while, you know. Don' play!

When I first started teaching, one of my kids axed me, "Do you be gettin yo nails an yo hayah did?"

I's lik "Yay gull! you know I does! Sheeeeeehat! fa shahh!"

I'm getting back on the blogging bandwagon after an antibiotics induced haze, and boy does your new blog looked totally awesome... the design is so tight. I loves it!

Also, it's fucking unreal to see you with such a great GPA, we have a totally different grading system here in Australia but obviously 4.0 is bloody good. It's nice to have a little focus in life isn't it?!

As for Paris Hilton, suck shit. At least now she might realise that she is subject to the same laws as the rest of us mere mortals.

Great to be back, hon!

Figures the teacher would make out with a four-point. It's gotta be some kind of racket, I tells ya.

Oh yeah, just to fit in, let's preted I said all that with extra "don't be frontin'," "best be steppin" and whatnot.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health