« Home | No Uranus Jokes. I promise. » | Love? Check. Happiness? Check. Integrity? Int... » | "Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you t... » | The Rainy Day and the Endangered Anus » | Gene Pool Puddle » | I think, therefore I blog. I think. Wait. Repeat t... » | Cornered by Crazy » | It's the Freudiest! » | The Old Geezer in the Appliance Department » | Pookie's Surprise » 

Friday, May 11, 2007 

A long way to go

Last night, The Husband and I decided to go for a walk. It was 10:40 at night, but we decided we were never going to do it if it had to be done during the day, what with his late night work schedule and all. So we went to the park, which happens to be right behind the police station. It is also very well lit, and has a 1/4 mile walking track all the way around it. It doesn't get much safer, as far as walking around a park in the middle of the night goes.

We walked eight laps, which was two miles. I felt like I could've gone further, but I was developing a blister on the bottom of my foot. This despite the fact that I was wearing my New Balance walking shoes with the rollbar heel that I got off Ebay and suspect are fake.

That doctor yesterday told me I need to be walking 5 miles per day, 5 days of the week. I have been doing about 2 miles per day, 3 days of the week. Hey, I only have to increase my walking five-fold!

I'm gonna need some new shoes.

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health