« Home | The Old Geezer in the Appliance Department » | Pookie's Surprise » | Good Dog » | Writing for a Purpose » | Nice to Unmeet You » | Now, about that special ed kid... » 

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 

It's the Freudiest!

I am on page 3 of a 20 page research paper, which is due tomorrow, but I had to take a quick break to post this.

Do you ever see a word on a page or a sign, and do a double take because your brain confused it with another word? That happens to me a lot, and it's usually a case of my dirty mind taking over and confusing something like "so long" with "schlong," or, "princess" with "penises," for example.

A few minutes ago I took a break to have a quick dinner, if you call macaroni and cheese and a baked pork chop dinner. I call it fast food without the fast food. Anyway, this box was setting on the counter while I was diligently stirring the macaroni noodles.

PDR_0496

I had to do a double take, because when I glanced at it, I thought "cheesiest" was "obesiest."

This Freudian moment has nothing to do with the fact that I promised myself just last night that I'd be more diligent about eating healthy foods, and swore that I finally meant it and intended to follow through. Nah, nothing to do with that at all.

Hey, look! A post with no mention of cats!

Well, almost............ :-)

I am addicted to Mountain Dew. I say all the time that I HAVE to stop drinking them, but can't seem to do it. Yah, hoo. Guess it tickles my innards (for those old enough to remember that Mt. Dew commercial).

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health