« Home | Now, about that special ed kid... » 

Friday, April 27, 2007 

Nice to Unmeet You

For two years I operated a blog at another address, which had about 400 visits per week. The problem is that I occasionally revealed too much, and after a while I was no longer anonymous. That was unacceptable because I am in a political profession in a place where most people expect a person in my profession to go to church on Sundays and never say words like shit or damn or fuck. While I do sometimes go to church on Sundays, I also occasionally like to say shit, or drop the f-bomb if I'm in the mood.

I also enjoy writing for the purpose of criticizing strangers that I encounter in my daily life, because it makes me feel better after a long day of being treated like a bitch at work.

Blogging without being able to vent basically defeated the purpose for me. Still, I haven't figured out yet how to write about my life without mentioning what I do or where I live, but I have seen blogs where the writer did this successfully, so I'm going to give it a shot.

Now for a few semi-truths about myself.

I'm from the South. I'm a teacher. I'm a newlywed. My husband is in the medical profession. My biggest personality defect is moodiness. My best personality trait is my sense of humor, and even though I take great joy in criticizing them anonymously, I actually have a great deal of compassion for people and am mostly a kind soul in real life. This is my place to bitch, and I do so shamelessly.

Although this probably won't go very far in convincing you that I am a mean teacher, here's a picture of a cute kitten. He just came to live with us today. We're not huge cat fans, per se... (TH and I both have a soft spot for them but would rather have a dog) ....but there was a void in our home because our beloved dog was recently killed in a tragic accident involving a broken fence and a busy highway. The person who asked us to take the kitten caught us in a vulnerable state, and we agreed.

catstep

The Husband doesn't know he's here yet, because we weren't supposed to get him until Saturday. The Husband wants to name it Lucky, because it's black. I think that's gay, and I want to name him Boogie. We will surely debate this tonight when he gets home.

PDR_0458

We already had one cat, which I have had for 5 years. Her name is Milli, but we call her "pocket Satan." She is a beautiful calico, and her hobbies include shedding, eating, sleeping, and hating us. She is even more pissed than usual since Boogie got here. UPDATE 4/29: He shall be called Pookie.

I promise this isn't a cat blog, but I had to start somewhere.

What big claws you have, Boogie!

Before I met my husband, his boys had a cat named Puss-Puss. The 8-year-old broke his ankle, and while lying in the hospital bed, he moaned, "How is Puss-Puss?" His dad tried not to look the nurse in the eye.

The claws are just about the biggest part of him. We used to have a black cat - he followed my husband all around the yard and liked to help him read the Sunday paper. I came home one day and found him run over in the street in front of our house. One of the few times I've seen my husband really break down and cry. Now, he leaks a few tears from time to time, but nothing like the day his cat died.

Awww!

Kittens are SOOOO much fun! We're enjoying Logan finally chilling out a bit, but fortunately Pandora's still young enough to hunt bed mice and wig out for absolutely no reason.

AH HA!! If you were trying to keep me from commenting, YOU FAILED! I am a wiley, conniving redneck...

AWWWWWWW (in reference to the kitten)

And I have about 7 more new kittens that are up for grabs if you're still feeling vulnerable enough...I'll ship 'em for free.

Since I didn't score very high on this round of "1600 meter URL Swapping," I'm obviously too late to have an effect on naming the cat. However, it just seems flat wrong to have a Milli without a Vanilli. It would even appeal to The Hubs's sense of irony what with it being a black cat and all.
So yeah, Vanilli. Or Karl, (with a K of course) but only if you insist that everyone treat the cat as if he's German.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Mommy Needs a Xanax
  • From South, Mississippi, United States
  • I'm the mom of two great boys, and humor is my drug of choice.
My profile

Web This Blog

My Homies

CHAT


Previous posts

Links

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health