« Home | Contractions, Politics » | Messianic Pretensions » | Countdown. » | Life's Lessons...from someone stupid enough to lea... » | Why We're Having Nyquil for Dinner » | Come on, contractions! » | Big Boy's Impending Arrival, and Momma's Less Than... » | Test Duty » | The Babysitter » | Think. THEN vote. » 

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 

What I didn't know about piss

Tonight I went to the hospital thinking that my water might possibly have broken, but it hadn't after all. It turns out I can piss all over myself without even feeling the need to piss first, having the feeling that I am pissing as it's happening, OR having the feeling that I have just pissed once it's over. The nurse at the hospital said the baby probably bumped my kidney or something.

They put a monitor on me and watched my contractions and the baby's heart rate for a couple of hours. It was weird. I had these little contractions, which I've been having for days now if not weeks, but I had some that I couldn't even feel. I could also see the baby's heart rate, and you could hear him bumping into the monitor when he moved. He was very active while I was there. The nurse said we'd better get some sleep now because he's a wild one. I think he's gonna be a crazy redhead. After punching the monitor for a while, he calmed down. Then I sneezed, and he flipped out a little. Maybe I'm mean, but I found that funny. Poor baby. Tim said, "If that scared him, he must have some long nights with the way you've been snoring. He's probably scared to come out cause he thinks there's a monster out here." Butthole.

The baby will be here by the end of the day Saturday one way or another. Unfortunately, my cervix is still locked up tighter than Fort Knox, so it's starting to look like it's gonna be a c-section. I'm still not happy about the prospect of the surgery, but I'm less opposed to it every day. This morning when I woke up, I couldn't move. I was on my left side, and my neck was in a funny position, and my joints were so stiff and sore. I couldn't lift my head off my arm, and I couldn't lift my right leg enough to sit up. After a minute or so of inching my way into a normal position, I decided that I would agree to a c-section at that very moment if one were being offered. I realize that sleep will be rare once the baby's here, but at least when I do get the chance to sleep, maybe it won't involve waking up in pain.

girl. you may have this kid on MY BIRTHDAY! if you do, you definitely got a lifetime of wild ahead of you.
good luck honey and i cannot wait to hear. i hope you'll post pictures of the "little" man :-)

WOW!

The pregnancy is almost over, you know.

Isn't that cool to hear your baby's heart beat? I was adopted so my parents never got to experience anything like that. I took them to the Dr. with me one day so they could hear it. They were amazed! I also let each one be in the delivery room. My mom was there for the first one & my dad was there for my second.

You will be just the mom for a wild little red headed boy to have :)

My daughter did the same thing when she was pregnant - she was peeing on herself and thought she was leaking fluid.

On the bright side, pissing yourself is only ONE of the indignities you've got coming. :-)

All of your faithful readers are rooting for you and looking forward to the baby blogs!

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health