« Home | Why We're Having Nyquil for Dinner » | Come on, contractions! » | Big Boy's Impending Arrival, and Momma's Less Than... » | Test Duty » | The Babysitter » | Think. THEN vote. » | Something Finally Revolves Around ME » | Insomniac on Duty » | Nerves. » | Teachers Who Blog » 

Thursday, October 23, 2008 

Life's Lessons...from someone stupid enough to learn 'em the hard way

Don't eat a chili dog at the South Mississippi Fair. F*ck. What am I saying? Don't GO to the South Mississippi Fair! I hadn't been to a fair in probably 10 years, and the last one I went to was the one in Memphis, which was way bigger. Same crap, just more of it. Anyway, with Ryan being in town I thought it'd be fun to take him. He's been bored, and it's been getting kind of crowded in the house today. (See my previous post.) I thought going to the fair would give him something to remember from this trip besides the vein bulging in Uncle Tim's forehead.

So we went. We hadn't eaten anything since breakfast, and we planned to indulge in some fair food. I really wanted everything I saw, but deep down I wanted none of it. So I decided to keep it simple. Chili dog. A classic.

As the illegal alien spooned the chili out of the little silver pan thingy, I thought it looked a little caked onto the pan, which seemed odd considering that the fair had only been open for an hour. That chili looked like it'd been setting there on a warmer for longer than an hour. But f*ck it. I'd already paid my $3, and the chili was goin' on the dog. Ryan also had some of the questionable canned chili. His was served up on top of the "deluxe nachos."

It wasn't bad...going down. Unfortunately, Ryan blew chili chunks as soon as we got home, and I've been fighting it back for an hour now. There have also been some explosive fireworks in the bathroom. I'm definitely gonna need to add a new can of Oust to the shopping list, and let's just say that the Beaudreaux's Butt Paste may get opened before the baby arrives. Yar!

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health