« Home | Come on, contractions! » | Big Boy's Impending Arrival, and Momma's Less Than... » | Test Duty » | The Babysitter » | Think. THEN vote. » | Something Finally Revolves Around ME » | Insomniac on Duty » | Nerves. » | Teachers Who Blog » | Poem » 

Thursday, October 23, 2008 

Why We're Having Nyquil for Dinner

My mom is in town, and she brought Ryan, my 9 year old nephew who's a lot more needy for attention than I remembered. I thought kids were supposed to be able to entertain themselves for hours with an Xbox and an endless supply of chocolate milk and Doritos.

I hope my inability to be patient with him isn't an indication of what kind of parent I'm going to be because I'm about to hang him from a door hook by his underwear and just leave the house. Geezis.

I know people always say this, but it's true: it is different when it's your own.

Not that he/she won't drive you absolutely insane at times, but you will overlook it more - especially when you go in and watch them sleep. You forget how irritating they can be and just watch them breathe.

Plus, yours won't be 9 when he gets here, so you'll have "blocking it out" down by then.
Brenda

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health