« Home | Laundromat gringos » | Minding Mice at a Crossroads » | Wanted: Handyman. Or an Ark. Whichever. » | And the juggling act begins » | Lines composed over a bucket of ice cream » | Plugging Leaks » | The bleach, the bitch, and the beach » | Go Postal » | Lazy Post » | Pookie is a jerk » 

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 

Quick Update

TH and I arrived in Florida yesterday with a car load of wound up young 'uns, and when they finally bounced out of our backseat and into the arms of their not-so-eager-to-reunite parents, it was not a moment too soon. If I had heard Are we there yet one more time, I think someone would have found himself riding on the hood, and there was a vein in the side of TH's head that looked perilously close to its breaking point.

We all went to the beach yesterday, except TH, who broke his toe hours before we came down here. The water was especially clean and jellyfish free, and it was the first time in years that I was free to swim without fear of being stung or nearly drowning myself while trying to get a wad of seaweed out of some crevice.

Today we went deep sea fishing.

There's more to tell, but I can't concentrate because TH is looking over my shoulder, so I gotta wrap this up.

Yesterday I found out I got the other job that I wanted. I'm going to go sign the contract when I get home. No long drives.

Peace out bitches.

Wow! Congratulations! I so KNEW you were going to get a job. I even said so, you know.

Not to eclipse your big news...but now I've gotta know about the TOE.

HBMom-- The night before we left, I packed our bags and set them against a wall in the bedroom floor. TH came in from work after midnight, and started across the bedroom in the dark. His pinky toe caught the handle on one of the suitcases, and the cursing hasn't stopped since.

It is very blue. I might post a picture tomorrow if I can get some alone time with my bro-in-law's laptop.

Yay for you!! Glad you got the job you wanted. Feel so sorry for your hubby. My hubby left paint cans in our kitchen closet, one of which fell out and almost cut my pinky toe off right at the bottom of the nail. I had to call him at his volunteer fire meeting to come take me to get it sewn back on. Happy thoughts out to TH -- like Lortab happy thoughts.

Yes. I, like Hillbilly Mom, was quite the prognosticator.

Now don't go getting to happy, 'cuz then you won't be able to blog. Something else I have learned!

Mr. Bates

That is such good news!!! about the job.... not the toe :)

You can enjoy this vacation even more now - even if you can't have sex! Ha ha

If Meanie's having sex that explicitly requires toes... I don't wanna know about it.
Congrats on the jobalanche, though.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health