« Home | Pookie is a jerk » | Do I have "worthless" stamped on me somewhere? » | Where we were going to be in 10 years-- an update. » | Good excuse » | comes around » | Competition » | The Honest Interviewer » | Let's make a day of it » | countdown to anniversary #1 » | Three Vultures Collaborate » 

Sunday, June 03, 2007 

Lazy Post

--Ever since we went to church, some mystery person has knocked on our front door on four separate occasions. We never answer. Their timing is incredibly bad, if you know what I be saying. They're 2 for 4 so far.

--At first I felt guilty for not answering the door, but I changed my mind. Why should I feel guilty? Call first! I don't like people knocking on my door unannounced unless they are bringing money, and even then, why not just call first?? Even if I'm not busy, I might not come to the door. I don't always wear a bra around the house, FYI, and I'm not coming to the door with my girls bouncin'.

--As I've shared in previous posts, I have been trying to lose weight for some time now. Recently, I started to see subtle signs of progress. My love handles are shrinking, for one, and my waist is slightly smaller.

--Today at TH's sister's house, she said I look like I've lost some weight. I was thrilled.

--So thrilled that I ate a piece of cake. And some fruit salad.

--I'll be walking 3 miles tonight.

--I have to go back to the colon doctor sometime around June 13-ish. That will be the next time I'll be weighed, which will be one month after the last time I was weighed. My goal is to see a smaller number on June 13. I think 10 pounds is a reasonable goal.

--The older I get, the less I talk when I'm around people. I find that I sound smarter and smarter.

--Sometimes when I say things, they come out the wrong way, or I don't emphasize what I'm really trying to emphasize, and I'm frequently misunderstood. This creates conflict.

--Who wants conflict? Especially when it's just because you were misunderstood.

--Blogging has made me a lazy writer. I used to make sure everything was spelled correctly and that there were no grammatical errors. This came easily to me because errors were like vinegar being sprayed into my eyes. They jumped out at me, and stung. I couldn't resist changing them. Now I don't cringe nearly as hard when I see one.

--I think a year of looking at 7th grade level writing (which was 2nd grade level writing where I worked) has made me less sensitive to shiddy writing. Taken the edge off my grammar nazi-ism, so to speak.

--The way things are going, I may never again look at 7th graders' writing. But that is depressing, and I've decided not to be depressed or anxious about it anymore.

--My eyes were opened to what I'm dealing with when the principal called and asked me what I wore to my interview. That was so tacky. I won't let my self-esteem slip down one single notch for someone like that. Not one notch.

--My eyes were opened further when TH put his arms around me and told me he was proud of me, and that I didn't deserve anyone's pity because I'm not pitiful.

--If he knew what enormous power he has, his head would be the size of the Hindenburg. (I mean before it burst into flames and crashed to the ground.)

--Must walk. Must walk. Must walk...

Labels: ,

I know what you mean - we have a new preacher at our church, and I KNOW he will drop by here at some point. I, too, free the girls at my earliest opportunity, so when he does, I WILL be running for the bedroom to get my puppies strapped in.

You want to hear ironic? My husband drinks beer - every single day. Now, he no longer does it in front of me, since we've had numerous "discussions" about his drinking. Now, he stays outside in his shop, "reading the paper" - insert "drinking beer and smoking cigarettes" here, another of his vices. ANYWAY, I got a call from my doctor today - I'd been for a check up last week and the blood-sucking lab girl got a big old sample from me. The nurse called me today and told me MY liver enzymes are elevated - MINE! Me, who can't even remember the last time I had anything alcoholic! Is that fair?

I am FINALLY getting a new computer. I haven't been on much since I got those nasty viruses. My computer so slow, it's just been too annoying to be on it much. Dell has a great special going on their Dimension C521's, so I ordered one Saturday. I can't wait to get it up and running.

Hang in there. I believe things happen (or don't happen) for a reason. That said, I guess I'll have to figure out WHY my husband drinks like a fish, but MY enzymes are the ones elevated! Do I sound bitter?

DY-- Your liver enzymes can be elevated for lots of reasons, and unless they stay that way it's not a big deal. I'm sure they told you that.

TH's were elevated when he had some severe virus or infection about a year ago. They said it was probably because he had been taking tons of over the counter stuff to fight the pain and nausea, and his body was already fighting off something evil so it had to work harder to clean out stuff, or something. I'm sure the doctor used the medical term "or something."

Tylenol has to go through the liver. The other otc pain killers don't. I take acetaminophen or naproxen sodium. According to the husband, those are better for you as long as you drink them with some water. Easier on the kidneys.

I have not idea why I'm talking about all this. I just woke up and things are still blurry. Congrats on your new computer. I hope it's a good one. I had a good experience with a Dell, but a friend of mine is having a very bad experience right now. Just hope you never have to call for service.

Dude, TWO TIMES in ONE DAY??? We're lucky to get in two times in one month and even we're both like, "Well, we haven't in awhile, guess we should...unless you don't want to..." Oh to be a newlywed again.

When you replied to Damn Yankee, you mentioned Dell's customer service - she'll be okay calling it if she speaks Indian. And not the "Native American" kind. Yeesh, I'd rather gnaw my arm off than call those people again.

Diva-- I wish. I meant that the church people came by four times, and two of those times we were busy. It wasn't in the same day. I just think they have some kind of radar that lets them know when we are doing it, and they come knock on the door and mess up our mojo. The two times a day thing does happen on occasion, but it's rare because it's too hard to get anything else done when you're in that freshly f*cked mode.

Word verification-- xraenrg. Xtra energy!

Oh, and yeah, Dell sucks ass. A big, Indian, non-English speaking ass.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh....I get it now. Pardon my assumption that you were a couple of Mississippi rabbits!! LOL

Whippersnappers...

Yeah, and all of the Dell people claim their name is "Bob" or "Brenda" and I want to say "Come on! You know your name is really Habib"

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health