« Home | Where we were going to be in 10 years-- an update. » | Good excuse » | comes around » | Competition » | The Honest Interviewer » | Let's make a day of it » | countdown to anniversary #1 » | Three Vultures Collaborate » | Pookie goes to the doctor » | Instant Car-ma » 

Friday, June 01, 2007 

Do I have "worthless" stamped on me somewhere?

Yesterday I made some kickass chicken fajitas. I even made guacamole. That part kinda sucked, but everything else was really delicious.

We have had earth-shaking gas all day.

Next Saturday my parents, my sister, bro in law, and their kids are heading to Perdido Key. We're going to meet them there that Monday or Tuesday and spend two days there. Since they have to come through here on their way, I told my sister to bring the kids and leave them here that Saturday, and they can spend a few days with us and then we'll bring them down with us when we come. Of course she jumped on the chance to have some child-free vacation time, so Ryan and Olivia will be here next Saturday.

Have I mentioned that I'm also going to be working with 5th grade boys every day this week? I might be kinda tired of kids ten days from now.

Speaking of things that wear on ya, I still STILL STILL haven't received any good news on the job front. This morning we woke to the sound of someone leaving a message on the machine. I couldn't understand 95% of what the lady said, and she didn't even tell me who she was. All I caught was "position you applied for," so I called back immediately. When she answered, I realized it was an Assistant Principal at one of the dozen or so schools that interviewed me last week. The conversation went exactly as follows:

Local High School, can I help you?
Yes, this is Mean Teacher. I think I just missed a phone call from you.
Yes! Good morning! How are you?
I'm great, thanks!
Are you still looking for a job?
Yes, I am.
Okay, fabulous! You were the blonde headed lady in the navy jacket and the pink shirt, right?
Well, I have blonde hair, but I was wearing a black jacket and a white shirt.
Oh. Okay. Well I'll call you next Monday then.
Okay. Thanks.

Yeah. Thanks. Can you BELIEVE that shit? Can you? Can you imagine a high school principal who calls candidates for teaching positions and asks them to refresh her memory on what they were wearing, then ends the conversation when she realizes she's got the wrong one? Tell me if you can, because I for one CAN NOT.

I was so enraged by that phone call that it almost ruined my day. I couldn't believe it. She actually called me to tell me she'd call me Monday? I don't think so.

Here's the kicker-- I mentioned in an earlier post that I ran into my niece there when I went to my interview. She was just coming out of an interview. She has blonde hair, and I know she was wearing a navy jacket, and I think she was wearing a light pink shirt.

Oh, the agony of defeat. I'm dying, people. DYING I TELL YOU! I'm tired of being lied to by these people. Two schools interviewed me more than 2 months ago, and neither one even bothered to give me the courtesy of a "we hired someone else" call-- even though they said they would, and even though I called them weeks later and left messages asking to be called back.

I cheered up after a depression-induced two hour nap, which I took less than two hours after I woke up the first time. Then tonight TH and I went to the movies and saw Knocked Up. It was funnay, and I recommend it if you're in the mood to laugh.

At the risk of totally sounding like a mom here....do you really want to work for a school district that doesn't respect you? I mean, I know you need a job and all, but to me it sounds like you might end up miserable working for people who lie like that. And don't value you.

And don't roll your eyes at me, young lady. And would it kill you to call me once in awhile? LOL

(Trying to pull of the Jewish mother schtick, but it's not as successful in type.)

Hang in there. I think I write that daily....I really suck at giving advice, methinks.

UNBELIEVABLE! I simply can not comprehend how unprofessional and rude these people have been!!

Try not to get too discouraged - I know it is easy for me to say but something good will happen soon for you!

I just sold my house and I am now going to send you all my good vibes :)

Thanks for the encouragement.

Oh, and congrats on selling the house, Julie. Maybe that good luck will float down my way.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health