« Home | My Life of Leisure » | Random Thought Whenever » | If it's too good to be true... » | Thirty Pounds in Thirty Minutes » | Quickie » | Blame it on the hormones. » | You know you want more Charlie » | Charlie is here. » | Birthday? » | What I didn't know about piss » 

Thursday, November 20, 2008 

BLAH!

If you don't get postpartum depression because of hormonal changes, you'll sure as hell get it after being locked up in the house for weeks on end. F*ck I'm bored!!! It's making me irritable, too. I walked to the mailbox earlier today, and it was like an adventure. The sun nearly burned my corneas, it's been so long since I've been in direct sunlight. I've got to get out of this house soon for something other than a doctor's appointment, or I'm gonna lose it.

Tim has been gone all day, and I'm jealous. His motorcycle screwed up, so he loaded it onto the trailer and took it to the Harley dealership in Jackson. He's on his way back now. I think I'm going to go for a ride when he gets back. To where I don't know, but I'm going somewhere.

Eh, who am I kidding? I'll probably be asleep by the time he gets back.

Yesterday was Charlie's two week checkup. They said the goal is always for the baby to get back to his/her birth weight within two weeks, so we were hoping he'd be back to 8 lbs 14 oz. The little chunk was 9 lbs 12 oz!!! He weighed 8 lbs 14 oz when he was born, had gotten down to 8 lbs 4 oz when he left the hospital, and was 8 lbs 8 oz at his two day checkup. So since November 5, he's gained 1 pound and 4 ounces! I knew he was growing because he can barely fit into his newborn size diapers anymore. I can squeeze him into them, and will continue to do so just to keep from having to throw/give them away, but the size 1's fit better.

My boy's growing up. :sniff sniff: Next thing you know, he'll only talk to me when he wants my money or my car.

The pediatrician said not to take him anywhere, especially around other kids, until he's had his first round of vaccinations. That's not until January 7, which sorta kills my plans to take him to my mom's for Christmas. I was thinking about taking him anyway, but considering how my loving family members responded when I told them what the doctor said, I'm currently leaning more towards telling them to suck it.

The birth announcements that I ordered on tinyprints.com came in today, and they look like crap. The picture is too dark. I paid $10 extra to have a proof emailed to me so this wouldn't happen. The proof looked good, but the actual cards are too dark. I just talked to their customer service department, and they're going to lighten the photo some more and reprint them for free. That's nice, but the photo being dark isn't the only problem. The paper isn't the best quality, and the overall product just seems cheap. It wasn't cheap, though. I should get the reprints by next week. Who wants to bet this bunch is just as craptacular? Now who wants to bet I wouldn't even care so much if I hadn't been locked up in this house for the last 20 days??

Now I know why housewives do so many prescription drugs. I could use a fvckit pill right now.

You do start going stir crazy!!

I really cracked up with the diaper changing story!! It happened to us too - I like the "3 Squirt Rule" good one to live by.

When our first was born we split my husbands weekend up. I got up with the baby his first day off & he got up on the second one so I could sleep in. Problem is it NEVER seemed to work out for me! He would sleep through the baby crying so I would have to wake him up. As I lay there desperately wanting to go back to sleep I would hear the ripping of the diaper tape and then it would begin..... the little choking coughs which turned in to all out gagging as he wiped that poopy butt. I couldn't sleep anymore because I would be hysterically laughing by the time he got that diaper changed. Poor guy - he still can't deal with bad smells!

DeadpanAnn,

Sorry to hear the the photo didn't turn out well. I hope the reprint is more satisfactory.

Your comments about the paper are especially concerning however since the weight and finish are published on our site. Specific feedback would be useful if there is a problem with a batch of paper we received.

Feel free to contact me with any additional questions or concerns.

Rick at TinyPrints.com

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health