« Home | Random Thought Whenever » | Toilet or not Toilet? That is the Question. » | Countdown » | Pregnancy dreams, retail therapy » | Why giving out progress reports is a drag: One te... » | Bedroom Shuffle, Expensive Things Come in Threes, ... » | Turnover. And I don't mean fruit. » | Stupid Cats and Salesmen » | Five-hundred-dollar elephants » | Shaky » 

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 

What really burns my ass

This morning I woke up with diarrhea and a sore throat. Fun, fun, and I have to go to work. Shit fire! (Or if you're really country, "shit farr!") I can do both today. YAR!

What really makes it burn worse is the fact that I was owed some comp time that I'm not going to get, and practically the entire department is going to be taking theirs today. So they're sleeping soundly right now while I'm sitting up about to get ready for a day of work and shitting. Since we have to stay until after 5 p.m. for department meetings and that goes pretty far beyond what we are paid for in our contracts, they are supposed to give us compensation time for it. These are days that we can take off after we build up enough hours of credit. Well, the person who is in charge of it said she was going to let us all know how many days we had, but she never did. Correction-- she never let me know. I requested my balance, but never got it. What I did get, a few days later, was an email stating that it was too late to request comp time off. I CALL BULLSHIT!

Maybe I should have been more on it and maybe I should've bugged the hell out of the person, but it's not like I had nothing else to do. And if a person's excuse for not getting something done is "You should've bugged me" then obviously...well...that's just a stupid excuse for not doing something. I doubt it would work if I used it in response to her NEVER ENDING requests of me. "Sorry. You didn't bug me enough." I hardly want to request to be bothered MORE. Anyway, I trusted that if I had earned the time off, I could get it.

I take comfort in the following--

1. She does have to bug me to get stuff. Not because I don't try to do it, but simply because there is so damn much work requested of me by her (and others) that I can't possibly be Johnny-on-the-Spot with it.

2. It's not like I haven't taken my fair share of days off work this year. There were a few times when I woke up with fuckit fever. So whatever.

3. They won't see my happy ass in any more after school meetings this year. No comp time, no meetings.

There are 18 school days remaining, people. Three of those 18 are set aside for state testing. Two are set aside for nine weeks testing, which I plan to make a total mockery of. One is for a fun day. There's also a handful of get-out-of-class-free opportunities on the horizon for awards ceremonies, etc., and the last few days in my room (after testing, of course) will be spent packing up. I think there are approximately 12 actual school days left, but the stress level is higher right now, so it's gonna feel like it takes longer. My voice is less powerful lately. I have to say things three times, and usually have to raise my voice in order to get a response. The kids are just not mentally there.

Last night I had a very vivid dream that a certain female student was eating sunflower seeds and spitting the shells onto the floor right in front of me. I said her name three or four times, and she continued spitting out shells, oblivious to my growing fury. Who knows where that dream came from. Maybe I had it because that exact thing has happened at least a dozen times in the last week. They torture me even in my sleep. That alone should entitle me to some comp time, right?

So yeah. The school year is almost over. But the finish line is on top of a tall, tall hill.

Well, I can't beat the working for nothing story, but I have a brewing scandal to report. We held an election for a building rep for the PDC committee. That's professional development, for those who are not insiders.

Several people added a write-in candidate who has been campaigning. Others voted for one of two names on the ballot. ALLEGEDLY, there was a tie, and someone already on the committee said, "I saw so-and-so vote, and she said it really didn't matter to her, so we can give her vote to the other side and break the tie."

VOTER FRAUD ALERT! Now we have to vote at the faculty meeting Monday, and if we can't be there, we have to print a ballot and have it signed by the principal.

Sweet Gummi Mary! You'd think it was a presidential campaign.

Post a Comment

DeadpanAnn (old blogger version) is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health